Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
As a software engineering manager, you will be tasked with leading a team and working together with product management teams as well as localization operations teams to improve on the tools that engineers across the entire company use to translate, test, and deploy across the world, as quickly as possible. The team works with both on-premise and cloud-based infrastructure, and we utilize a combination of industry standard and custom built infrastructure solutions.
You will enjoy a casual work environment, flexible hours, and great compensation and benefits. You will wear many hats and constantly learn new things on the job. You will be surrounded by smart, dedicated, nice people. You will be proud of the company’s mission and your product’s impact.
You're someone who wants to see the impact of your work making a difference every day. You understand how to use data to make decisions. You are someone who finds passion in the craft, someone constantly seeking improvement and a better way to solve tough problems. You have a passion for producing the highest quality code as well as leading others to do the same.
You are someone who either has built or is passionate about building scalable, reliable systems that span multiple data centers around the world and handle millions of requests every day. You understand that the best managers serve their teams, removing roadblocks and giving individual contributors autonomy and ownership. You are someone with high standards who will push us to be better, and who will take pride in Indeed like we do. You have delivered challenging technical solutions at scale. You have led engineering teams and earned the respect of talented software developers. You are equally happy talking algorithms and data structures as you are brainstorming about agile development process and technology career development. You want to be in the mix technically while providing leadership to your teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline .
- Deep hands-on technical expertise.
- 5+ years of industry experience as a software developer, ideally writing large scale systems.
- 2+ years of experience as a people manager.
- Strong ability to coach developers, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers
- The ability to guide a team to achieve important goals together.
- The desire to solve tough problems with quality software at scale
- Solid knowledge of data structures and algorithms and excellent programming skills
- Strong results orientation & thinks BIG.
- An understanding of the value derived from shipping code rapidly to production and learning/iterating on the results.
- A deep understanding of the web knowledge of databases, both SQL and NoSQL
- Experience with service-oriented and event-driven system architectures
- Experience building high-performance & traffic distributed systems
- Grasp of any programming language such as Java, Ruby, C++, Go etc.
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.