Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.Our Finance team ensures that Indeed complies with the highest standards of business, law and ethics, while providing Indeed's clients with excellent customer service and Indeed's management with the information and guidance required to succeed around the world. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. Simply put, we help support the people who help people get jobs.
Indeed is looking to expand its Technical Accounting Department by hiring a talented and driven Manager, Technical Accounting. In your role, you will have the opportunity to assist the business with technical accounting matters and manage the process of classifying, recording and translating accounting topics in accordance with both USGAAP & IFRS requirements. You will report to the Senior Manager, Technical Accounting, and will work with multiple business partners across teams. You will use your strong technical accounting skills to drive research and implementation of new accounting policies and procedures, and to address technical questions directed to you by our International Accounting and Reporting teams, and our Japanese parent company, Recruit Holdings. This is a great opportunity for someone who has an international background coupled with a mix of public accounting and in-house technical roles. The ideal candidate will have experience working with both IFRS and USGAAP. Additionally he or she will also be highly analytical, a self starter, technologically inclined, results driven and would thrive in a fast-paced environment.What you will do:
- Assist with day 2 lease accounting topics under both IFRS16 and ASC842
- Analyze M&A transactions and purchase accounting
- Support external audit and miscellaneous reporting requirements
- Address technical accounting queries from our international accounting teams
- Research and communicate periodic updates by the FASB, EITF and IASB
- Assist in designing and delivering group training
- Bachelor’s or Masters Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5 to 8 years of experience focused on technical accounting
- Public Accounting (Audit or Technical Advisory Groups) technical experience
- CPA Preferable
- Experience with analyzing and implementing ASC606/IFRS15, ASC842/IFRS16, ASC805/IFRS3, FAS52/IAS21 and other accounting standards
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Must be very articulate both verbally and in written format
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy Terms: https://www.indeed.com/legal/applicant-privacy
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.