Additional Posting Location(s): Tokyo Tech Meguro
Our mission.Indeed works when talented, passionate people come together to get a job done. Come help Indeed work. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
We are a rapidly-growing, fast-moving, highly-capable UX Design team building the most popular job site on the planet. Our designers work in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, collaborating with Product Managers and Engineering to deliver simple solutions to the real-world problems that job seekers and employers face hiring and getting hired. Most importantly, our team is expected to deliver results, and be able to demonstrate the impact our changes have on our business.
We need a highly experienced and capable design manager in our growing Tokyo office who will foster cross-team, cross-location collaboration while maintaining high bar for quality and velocity of experimentation. The ideal candidate has experience working with global brands and can demonstrate design achievements from problem assessment through the business impact. We are looking for someone who has partnered or led strategy development and has a good amount of business acumen. Design talent and impeccable customer-centric, data-informed execution is equally important. Our multi-national team in Tokyo is united in the universal mission of helping everyone get jobs. The design manager will be a key player in achieving our goals.
- Manages a multi-national team of UX designers
- Demonstrates high standards, and helps the team reach them, through good process, clear direction, and achievable goals.
- Collaborates with user researchers, design technologists, product and engineering teams.
- Implements design improvements that have positive business impact.
- 8+ years of experience as a ux designer, information architect, ux researcher, or similar.
- 3+ years of experience managing a small team of designers or researchers.
- A portfolio of work demonstrating experience creating design solutions and showing your ability to turn ideas into impactful business results.
- Experience leading design for a variety of form factors, including mobile and desktop.
- Experience leading and delivering on full-life-cycle design projects--from design strategy through execution.
- Relentless desire for innovation, tempered by business needs and customer expectations.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, storytelling, and analytical skills, including the ability to present design concepts clearly and persuasively to colleagues, partners, stakeholders, and senior executives.
- A degree in design, psychology, business, human-computer interaction (HCI), related field or equivalent experience.
If you are genuinely interested in making products that people love to use, treats them with respect, helps them achieve their goals, and want to help us continue to build a sustainable business, I look forward to hearing from you.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.