Additional Posting Location(s): Tokyo Tech Meguro
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and focused product team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on Indeed to help them find jobs, make it easy to apply, research companies, and connect qualified candidates to their job openings. With product teams in Austin, Tokyo, Seattle, San Francisco, Singapore and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
Design Engineering at Indeed
Design Engineering is a team focused on bridging together the Design and Engineering organizations. Within this team includes UX Developers and Design Technologists.
UX Developers at Indeed serve a critical role in getting designs into production, bridging the design and engineering organizations. They work with a cross-functional team to build accessible user interfaces for our products; create fast, scalable, maintainable, and secure systems; define best practices in UI development; and contribute to design ideation and decision making.
Design Technologists accelerate the creation of breakthrough design and identifying opportunities. They build high-fidelity prototypes through the creation of tooling and code; identify and refine design concepts through technical and creative insight; define best practices in prototyping; and help transfer code and ideas between design and engineering.
The skills of a Design Engineering manager include:
- Significant experience working with web technologies and scripting languages
- Deep knowledge of industry standards for building user interface including accessibility, internationalization, performance optimization, SEO, cross-browser compatibility, caching
- Understanding of the design process in modern software organizations.
- Experience leading large scale initiatives, executing on projects, and collaborating across product and engineering teams.
- Managing expectations, delivery, and execution of projects
- Mentoring and onboarding team members.
- Planning and strategizing for the future growth of Design Engineering.
- A deep passion for both code and creativity.
This role specifically requires:
- 8+ years of programming experience as a Front-end Engineer or Software Engineer working closely with Designers
- 3+ years leading or managing a small team of developers
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Experience mentoring team members and leading major projects
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Design, or related field, or equivalent industry experience
To really catch our attention, you might offer:
- A portfolio of interactive and compelling user interfaces
- Fluency in UI tech beyond a single platform
- Work experience on a fast-paced, multidisciplinary team
- Working with and managing design systems
- Experience or strength in visual and/or interaction design
This is a great time to join the Indeed design team. We are growing in size, capabilities, and location and the right individual will find a huge array of opportunities for major impact.
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.