Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and focused product team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on Indeed to help them find jobs, make it easy to apply, research companies, and connect qualified candidates to their job openings. With product teams in Austin, Tokyo, Seattle, San Francisco, Singapore and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
Our Assessments team has a simple mission: help candidates get the right job. We help candidates build a profile to demonstrate their knowledge, skills, and abilities using job assessments… we’re trying to make the resume a thing of the past.
Our team started as an independent startup and joined Indeed a year ago; a lot of that early DNA has stuck -- we are nimble and scrappy. We ship new capabilities quickly by explicitly asking ourselves the 80/20 question a.k.a. the Pareto Principle.
While there’s lots of engineering wizardry that make the assessments work for 200M job seekers around the world, at the core of what we build is the assessment content itself — the questions, images, spreadsheets, videos, audio clips that candidates interact with. Taking an assessment from a concept like “We should have an assessment for home health aids” to a real question like “Please listen to this patient describing their symptoms and decide what to do next…” is the most important thing we do.
Your job will be to manage the operations team that takes prototypes from assessment designers to build, validate, polish, and deploy.
Day to day you will:
- Manage a team of media designers, technical writers, project managers, and operations analysts
- Decide which projects are the highest priority and propose new projects that have measurable impact for jobseekers
- Smooth team capacity by recruiting contractors to handle spikes in demand
- Build a culture of speed and quality on your team by innovating how we work: tools, process, and structure
- Recruit and train new folks on your team (we’re growing fast)
What we’re looking for:
- Significant experience managing a high-performing team with fast cycles of self-improvement
- Ability to handle ambiguity and controlled chaos (strong project management skills)
- Leadership skills to inspire and develop your team in their careers
- Comfortable managing a mostly remote team
- Exceptional technical skills as demonstrated by experience in the realm of instructional design, illustration, media production, etc.
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.