Date published: 24-Jul-2017
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are builders, we are integrators. Tech Services creates and optimizes solutions for a rapidly growing business on a global scale. We work with distributed infrastructure, petabytes of data, and billions of transactions with no limitations on your creativity. You don’t have to wait for some architect or manager to tell you what you can work on - you decide the priorities. With tech hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
If you're passionate about technology, love to learn, and enjoy working with open source tools, this is a great opportunity to grow your skills and contribute to a top-tier web site.
* Configure and monitor numerous MySQL and MongoDB instances
* Automate routine tasks with your own scripts and open-source tools
* Solve production problems and participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation Improve database backups and test recoverability regularly
* Study the database needs of our applications and optimize them
* Write documentation and collaborate with technical peers online
* Coding skill with at least one of Python, PHP, Perl, Ruby or Java
* Solid knowledge of SQL, database concepts, and MySQL 5 internals
* At least 5 years of experience with MySQL 5 administration on Linux High level of Linux proficiency (as a power user and administrator)
* Experience with modern 24x7 web production environments is a plus
* Experience with database replication and scaling issues is a big plus
* Willingness to work flexible / odd hours (as needed)
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.