Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are builders, we are integrators. Tech Services creates and optimizes solutions for a rapidly growing business on a global scale. We work with distributed infrastructure, petabytes of data, and billions of transactions with no limitations on your creativity. You don’t have to wait for some architect or manager to tell you what you can work on - you decide the priorities. With tech hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
Indeed.com is looking for a Network Engineer in our Tokyo Tech office to support our growing network operations around the world. In this role, you’ll be working with the Operations and IT Team on an intricate, modern and highly dynamic network which provides job search results to over 200 million unique visitors per month. If you’re talented, love to learn, and enjoy troubleshooting, this position is a great opportunity to grow your skills and contribute to a top-tier web site.
- Provide daily support for Indeed network operations.
- Troubleshoot network outages and document root cause.
- Documentation from beginning to end for network projects.
- Respond to performance based alerts.
- Participation in a 365/24/7 oncall rotation.
- Recommend creative solutions to difficult problems.
- Provide cross-functional team support to system and security administrators for timely project completion.
- Continuous improvement of monitoring and management of network.
- Ensure timely delivery of network projects.
- Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP, spanning-tree, subnetting, routing, access control lists, wireless, vpn, and firewalls operations.
- Experience in a multi-vendor environment, with the ability to transfer network configurations and concepts from one vendor to another. Desired vendor experience in Cisco, Brocade, Force10, and Palo Alto firewalls.
- Configuration of routing protocols including EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, and implementation of access control lists in different environments.
- DMVPN, M-LAG, Fabric and other data center-centric configuration experience a plus.
- Network tools including but not limited to: Wireshark, Network Management Systems, Network configuration management, sflow/netflow, IPAM, and SDN.
- Moderate level of Linux experience a plus.
- Ability to communicate network solutions to technical and non-technical employees.
- Self-starter with strong sense of personal responsibility.
- Ability to work on and push multiple projects at once.
- Willingness to train and mentor others.
- Desired Certifications- CCNP, CCSP
- BS in an Engineering field or comparable experience.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits