Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are builders, we are integrators. Tech Services creates and optimizes solutions for a rapidly growing business on a global scale. We work with distributed infrastructure, petabytes of data, and billions of transactions with no limitations on your creativity. You don’t have to wait for some architect or manager to tell you what you can work on - you decide the priorities. With tech hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
We are looking for a Network Engineer in our Tokyo Ebisu office to support our growing network operations around the world. In this role, you’ll be working with the Operations and IT Team on an intricate, modern and highly dynamic network which provides job search results to over 200 million unique visitors per month. If you’re talented, love to learn, and enjoy troubleshooting, this position is a great opportunity to grow your skills and contribute to a top-tier web site.
Qualifications and expectations
- Provides creative solutions to complex technical problems.
- Ensure timely delivery of network projects.
- Continuous improvement of all aspects of the network architecture.
- Communicate and collaborate with a global team of network engineers.
- Provide daily support for Indeed network operations.
- Troubleshoot network outages and document root cause.
- Documentation from beginning to end for network projects.
- Provide cross-functional team support to system and security administrators for timely project completion.
- Identify trends and configure appropriate alerting.
- Participation in a 365/24/7 oncall rotation.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, spanning-tree, subnetting, routing protocols, access control lists, wireless, vpn, and firewall operations.
- Solid network fundamentals with the ability to transfer network configurations and concepts from one vendor to another. Desired vendor experience in Cisco, Brocade, Force10, and Palo Alto firewalls.
- Practical configuration experience with OSPF, BGP, port-channels, firewalls, network fabrics, and DMVPN. Enterprise wireless experience a plus.
- Network tools including but not limited to: Ansible, Wireshark, Network Management Systems, Network configuration management, sflow/netflow, IPAM, and SDN.
- Linux familiarity a plus.
- Ability to communicate network solutions to technical and non-technical employees.
- Self-starter with strong sense of personal responsibility.
- Strong multitasker with the capability to drive projects.
- Passion to grow professionally.
- Desired Certifications: CCNP/CCNA
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.