Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.Our Human Resources team champions our culture by working tirelessly to attract and retain the best people. With HR teams in every major Indeed office globally, we value a consistent and positive experience for all of our employees and potential new hires. Every month, over 250 million people count on Indeed to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. Simply put, we help hire and develop the people inside Indeed, who help people get jobs.
Indeed seeks a full-time Office Manager to support our Sydney and Melbourne offices based in Sydney. The ideal candidate must be well organized, have a strong sense of prioritization and ability to multi-task. This position requires the Office Manager to be the general point of contact for office operations, events, and office culture.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to gain insight into the internet industry, while also gaining practical experience in office management.
The successful candidate will maintain office services by organizing office operations and procedures, maintaining and overseeing services as required, catering, reception, postal and kitchen facilities.
Acting as the face of the office providing seamless, well-coordinated support to your internal and external stakeholders on an ongoing basis
Develop and ensure consistent delivery of site services to maximize the employee experience
Manage and coordinate office events and calendar
Partner with key stakeholders to organize local events, programs and services that strengthen company culture and employee engagement
Facilitate educational and wellness events with outside vendors
Greet and train new hires on office programs and incentives
Oversee all snack, food and beverage vendors to deliver a fantastic catering and snack program
- Daily on-site management of all contractors/vendors to ensure standards are maintained at required level
- Manages relationships with vendors, service providers, and landlord.
- Complete daily walk through of office floors, conference rooms and bathrooms to ensure office cleanliness standards remain high.
- Ordering of office consumables ensuring adequate supplies are available at all times
- Manage the performance and productivity of Maintenance Officers/Handypersons and external contractors to ensure all scheduled maintenance is completed to acceptable standard.
- Collaborate with Real Estate, IT and other key stakeholders to ensure office moves, opening and expansions are completed on time, within budget, and within standardized project process.
- Meet weekly with internal stakeholders to review all move preparation plans and schedule impacts due to construction, IT, AV, and other workstream timelines.
- Schedule all external vendors for upfront planning and move weekend milestones
- Maintain an updated tracking system for office places allocations and work with appropriate management personnel to assign new places.
- Attend and present at Management Meetings on upcoming plans to establish optimal seating plans
- Ensure that the office budget spend is adequately managed and tracked.
- Source, maintain, consult and negotiate with contractors and external service providers.
- Works alongside the procurement team raising requisitions.
- Develop vendor relationships, manage bid processes and annual budget planning.
Health and Safety:
- Ensure compliance with local Work Health & Safety legislation: monitor and ensure regular fire drills, ergonomic and risk assessments and maintain list of active first-aid trainers and fire wardens. Report work health and safety incidents and risks and conduct appropriate risk assessments to ensure a safe workplace.
- Partner with Security & Safety to manage employee health & safety programs, emergency preparedness and disaster recovery plans
- Manage all keys / access cards: Coordinate building access for vendors and provide on-site support when required
- Engage in other projects, special assignments, and administrative duties as assigned
- Be an effective "change agent" by reviewing current processes, policies, and practices
- 2+ year in a corporate role managing office operations/logistics
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Must be deadline focused, organized and able to prioritize multiple projects
- Previous experience with event management a must
- Prior experience with budgets and spreadsheets
- Strong project management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- This is an onsite role to support office operations
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.