Date published: 15-Feb-2017
Additional Posting Location(s): San Francisco, Seattle
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
We are seeking an engineering leader to develop and lead our open source program.
At Indeed, our engineers solve problems with simple, performant, resilient, and scalable solutions. We have open sourced some of this work (http://opensource.indeedeng.io) and want to grow our OSS program. This role offers an opportunity to grow the scope, quality, and effectiveness of Indeed's Open Source program.
As the Open Source Engineering Lead, you will...
- Coordinate teams across Indeed Engineering working on open source projects
- Promote our projects to the appropriate communities
- Cultivate an open source mindset at Indeed
- Establish best practices and process for releases
- Guide and review documentation
- Manage individual project priorities (feature requests and fixes)
- Review and triage public issues, questions, and pull requests
- Develop and integrate software to support the open source release process
- Survey Indeed’s internal technologies and recommend new candidate projects
- 5+ years experience contributing to open source projects
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of best practices and anti-patterns for open source releases
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, well-structured code in a variety of programming languages. Experience with Java, Python, and Go is a plus.
- Experience with open source dependency management tools. Knowledge of maven and gradle a plus.
- Ability to quickly understand technology solutions across a variety of domains
- Track record of project leadership and mentorship for software engineers. Experience with coordinating across a distributed organization a plus.
- BS Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.