Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
We are a rapidly growing and focused product team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on Indeed to help them find jobs, make it easy to apply, research companies, and connect qualified candidates to their job openings. With product teams in Austin, Tokyo, Seattle, San Francisco, Singapore and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
The base salary range below represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Long Term Incentive Plan units, an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
If you are an engineer who's passionate about building innovative products that scale to tens of millions of page views a day, Indeed is looking for you. Indeed offers smart developers like you a complex development ecosystem with short release cycles. Every week sees the new release of multiple products that meet the growing needs of millions of jobseekers worldwide.
Indeed’s job search engine serves billions of search queries every month connecting tens of millions of jobseekers to relevant job opportunities. As part of a small collaborative team from engineering, operations and product management, you will work on areas such as feature extraction, document indexing, retrieval, and relevancy scoring. We constantly dig into the data available at Indeed to analyze, inform and develop solutions to the right problems. If looking at data, slicing and dicing it in multiple ways and coming up with interesting insights is something you thrive upon, you will fit right in.
You will provide technical and architectural leadership for the team, mentor others, and use your understanding of payment processing domains to help shape technical requirements and solutions. It is expected that you are an expert technical leader who is able to operate in a high performing team, that you can creatively balance high quality delivery with customer focus to meet business needs, that you have excellent communication skills, and that you have a continuous record of delivering results in a fast-paced environment. While you will be primarily focused on the design and architecture of systems and components, you will be expected to execute enough hands-on implementation work to remain current with technologies and trends.
• 10+ years of experience planning, architecting, designing and developing platform software
• Proven track record in delivering and maintaining scalable solutions in the payments processing domain
• Proficiency developing object-oriented software in Java and related frameworks (or equivalent), especially in concurrent and async usages
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
*BS in Computer Science or related area, or relevant work experience
• Strong knowledge of Spring Framework, Protobuf, ReST, GraphQL and JSON.
• Strong knowledge of one or more SQL and/or NoSQL databases
• Experience with design and development of scalable web services and platforms
• Experience with service-oriented and event-driven system architectures
• Strong knowledge of one or more cloud-based environments (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
• Solid knowledge of data structures and algorithms
• Strong problem-solving skills and a passion for debugging complex issues
• Proficiency with Linux based environments
• Experience with GIT, Continuous Integration systems (Hudson/Jenkins) & Bug Tracking (Jira) tools
• Experience with using agile methodologies for software development
• Extensive experience in containers and container-related technologies
• Experience with PCI and/or related secure data handling models
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.