Additional Posting Location(s): Tokyo Tech Meguro
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are builders, we are integrators. Tech Services creates and optimizes solutions for a rapidly growing business on a global scale. We work with distributed infrastructure, petabytes of data, and billions of transactions with no limitations on your creativity. You don’t have to wait for some architect or manager to tell you what you can work on - you decide the priorities. With tech hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
Are you passionate about securing a highly complex ecosystem of corporate assets distributed across multiple continents, and also most importantly your coworkers?
Do you have a passion for helping your coworkers stay safe through education?
If so, become a member of Indeed’s Physical Security team and protect the people that help people get jobs!
Indeed.com is looking for a full-time Physical Security Engineer to help plan, configure, deploy and maintain multiple physical security systems. You work closely with the Facilities, Network, and Corporate IT teams to increase physical security at all of our office locations by implementing cutting-edge tools, processes, and architecture that make each Indeed employee safer at work. You work cross-functionally with both internal and external partners as a subject matter expert to develop a risk-based approach to detect, deter, and mitigate physical security threats at all locations.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Goes until someone says stop. If someone says stop, ask why!
- Does first, and asks for forgiveness later.
- Believes that “Done is better than perfect.”
- Learn everything you can and teach those around you.
- Work fast, fail fast, and make data-driven decisions.
- Implements Indeed physical security standards in assigned region,
- Investigates feasibility of new security technologies and develops plans to implement in the global standards,
- Manages projects to include scheduling, vendor management, scrutinizing quotes, tracking internal approval processes, supervising installations, developing punch lists and project closeout,
- Supervises installation and maintenance of video management and access control systems,
- Evangelizes physical security program and helps improve the security of all Indeed employees and visitors, and
- Other tasks as assigned.
- 4+ years of installing, designing and/or maintaining physical security systems
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Experience selecting and project managing security related technologies
- Willingness to travel as needed
- Independent ability to research technical problems and devise innovative solutions
- Interest in learning and taking on increasingly complex tasks
- Strong organizational and managerial skills and detail-oriented work ethic
- Willingness to work flexible and odd hours at times, based on needs
- Additional language skills are beneficial
- Occasionally lift up to 60 lbs for equipment installation
- Ability to crouch beneath desks
- Ability to work on ladders
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.