Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
Job Advertising is a major source of revenue for Indeed, and we are looking for someone to join our team of highly motivated and talented engineers working on this mission critical system and transforming the way employers create and manage advertising campaigns to connect to their ideal candidates from millions of Indeed users.
As a principal engineer you will provide technical leadership across multiple teams, develop a deep understanding of the existing systems, and help design the next generation Advertising system capabilities at Indeed. This role will be a combination of hands-on technical work, architecture/design, mentorship, and working with product/engineering leadership to help set goals and build the roadmap, and drive the vision, collaborating with various teams in Japan and the U.S. to accomplish the goal.
The person in this role will split their time approximately 50-50 between hands on coding and technical leadership.
- Drive projects and coordinate cross-team efforts in an independent and self-directed way
- Partner with product teams on the development of prototypes, as well as designs for future integrations.
- Analyze existing solutions and requirements, perform cost/benefit and scalability analysis, and make recommendations for platform consolidation
- Collect feedback on current gaps and opportunities for improvement and bring back to Advertising systems leadership for prioritization.
- Provide input and feedback to support continuous improvement in team processes
- Mentor and grow other software engineers, data scientists, and ML engineers across teams
- Lead and maintain high standards of operational efficiency and develop processes to quickly respond to and learn from system failures
We are looking for someone who is passionate about designing and building systems, loves intellectual challenges, is eager to learn, and wants to work with a variety of technologies to “help people get jobs”.
- B.S or M.S. in a relevant field such as Computer Science
- 10+ years of experience managing large-scale software development
- Significant prior success deploying (impactful) Ad tech related solutions at a large scale.
- Experience in user interfaces of Ad campaign related systems
- Strong sense of ownership as a technical and product leader
- Strong ability to coach developers, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal with both technical and business audiences
We get excited about candidates who:
- Have the desire to solve tough problems with quality software at scale
- Have extensive experience and knowledge with cloud technologies (AWS preferred)
- Have hands on experience with big data technologies (React, Kafka, and similar)
- Have experience with real time bidding and an understanding of marketplace dynamics
- Have experience building high-performance scalable distributed systems
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy Terms: https://www.indeed.com/legal/applicant-privacy
EEO and Accommodations
Indeed is deeply committed to creating a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neurodiversity, disability, age, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Help at +81 3 4563 2563, or by email at TAhelp@indeed.com at least one week in advance of your interview.
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.