Date published: 15-May-2017
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.Our Legal team ensures that Indeed complies with the highest standards of business, law, and ethics, while providing Indeed's clients with excellent customer service and Indeed's management with the information and guidance required to succeed around the world. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. Simply put, we help guide the people who help people get jobs.
We value the trust our users place in us to keep their personal data safe and secure, which is why we want to be at the forefront of data privacy and protection for our users. This means putting in place the appropriate safeguards and system infrastructure to make sure that user data is never misused and is always secure. With the progress in the field of information and communication technologies, new technical challenges to privacy and data protection have emerged. Indeed’s Privacy Department works to ensure that we are the best possible custodians of our users’ data and are at the forefront of industry data privacy and protection standards.
The Privacy Administrator supports the efforts of the Privacy Department; working closely with all stakeholders and the Privacy Engineering team to support the development and maintenance of ongoing privacy-related efforts across the organization. The individual in this position also helps to manage compliance reporting requirements, and participates in the development and maintenance of the auditing and monitoring process for Indeed’s Privacy Department.
You will be responsible for providing support and guidance for privacy related initiatives, subject matter expertise on privacy laws and regulations, proactive and effective communication with internal and external parties, collaborative resolution of business issues, and exceptional customer service for internal and external clients.
- Work with internal and external business partners to provide guidance and monitor privacy compliance programs
- Understand the flow of information and how the information is utilized and use that knowledge to support the integrity of the Privacy compliance program
- Assist in regulatory reviews, data protection audits, and privacy reviews
- Communicate with teams affected by new laws and regulations and monitors to assure that necessary changes to policies and procedures are made
- Serve as an internal expert resource for privacy compliance
- Respond to technical and procedural questions
- Identify and guide resolution for privacy compliance issues including effective communication of these issues to other business units.
- Prepare and respond to various audits, compliance questions, or Senior Leader requests.
- Prepare and maintain all documentation related to Privacy compliance or privacy engineering requirements from the Privacy department
- Complete other related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (or equivalent work experience)
- 1+ years demonstrated work experience in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Must possess a strong technical aptitude and be able to effectively communicate with technology professionals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly developed analytical, problem recognition and resolution, project management, and organizational skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven experience managing multiple high priority projects and assignments simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Able to make consistent decisions and apply prior knowledge to new situations
- Passionate about digging into a problem and figuring it out
- Previous experience in a software development environment is highly desired.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.