Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.Our Legal team ensures that Indeed complies with the highest standards of business, law, and ethics, while providing Indeed's clients with excellent customer service and Indeed's management with the information and guidance required to succeed around the world. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. Simply put, we help guide the people who help people get jobs.
We are looking for a highly motivated Privacy Counsel to join our team. As an attorney at Indeed, you will be responsible for working on a range of exciting legal issues, that impact on all aspects of Indeed’s business and involve close interaction with all of the main business units of the organization, working with colleagues around the globe. You are intelligent, creative, proactive and tech savvy. You possess strong people influencing and consensus-building skills, and are accustomed to working with people all over the world. We are seeking a self-starter who thrives in a fun but results-oriented work environment, and is passionate about problem-solving while showing great attention to detail.
- Review and analyze privacy queries from our product teams relating to tools and services used and offered by Indeed
- Advise the business on federal and state privacy compliance issues and practices
- Remain up-to-date on legislative developments in the field of privacy at both state and federal level that may affect the company, and identify potential strategic changes that might be adopted
- Work closely and effectively with Indeed’s Privacy Team, Global Director of Privacy and Privacy Engineering Team
- Assist with strategic privacy compliance planning and the continued development and improvement of all aspects of Indeed’s privacy compliance programme
- Draft and implement privacy policies, process templates and data transfer and processing agreements
- Advise on the design and provision of Indeed’s privacy training programme
- J.D. degree and member in good standing of any U.S. bar
- Minimum of 3 years of US privacy advisory experience
- Deep understanding of corporate law
- Flexible, well-organized and the ability to work in a fast-paced internet and technology environment
- Ability and desire to work independently and with little oversight is a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to provide samples of work
- This position will report directly to our Senior Group Counsel
How to apply
We value attention to detail. To apply, please do the following steps.
Please submit your resume and cover letter
In your cover letter, please:
Explain why you want to work at Indeed; and
Briefly list 3 proposed measures contained in the California Consumer Privacy Act that are potentially most impactful to Indeed, and please outline why you chose those particular measures.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy Terms: https://www.indeed.com/legal/applicant-privacy
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.