Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.Our Legal team ensures that Indeed complies with the highest standards of business, law, and ethics, while providing Indeed's clients with excellent customer service and Indeed's management with the information and guidance required to succeed around the world. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. Simply put, we help guide the people who help people get jobs.
The Privacy Analyst supports the efforts of the Privacy Department; working closely with all stakeholders and the Privacy Engineering team to support the development and maintenance of ongoing privacy-related efforts across the organization. The individual in this position also helps to manage compliance reporting requirements, and participates in the development and maintenance of the auditing and monitoring process for Indeed’s Privacy Department.
You will be responsible for providing oversight and guidance on privacy related initiatives, subject matter expertise on privacy laws and regulations, proactive and effective communication with internal and external parties, collaborative resolution of business issues, and exceptional customer service for internal and external clients.
- Work with our Privacy Engineering Team to implement and monitor privacy compliance programs
- Understand the flow of information and how the information is utilized and use that knowledge to support the integrity of the Privacy compliance program
- Assist in regulatory reviews, data protection audits, and privacy reviews
- Communicate with teams affected by new laws and regulations and monitors to assure that necessary changes to policies and procedures are made
- Serve as an internal expert resource for privacy compliance
- Respond to technical and procedural questions
- Identify and guide resolution for privacy compliance issues including effective communication of these issues to other business units.
- Review new engineering and product data use cases to ensure ongoing compliance with Privacy policies
- Assist engineering teams with questions related to Privacy policies
- Complete other related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (or equivalent work experience)
- 3+ years demonstrated work experience in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Must possess a strong technical aptitude and be able to effectively communicate with technology professionals; data analysis and/or coding skills are required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly developed analytical, problem recognition and resolution, project management, and organizational skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven experience managing multiple high priority projects and assignments simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Able to make consistent decisions and apply prior knowledge to new situations
- Passionate about digging into a problem and figuring it out
Previous experience in a software development environment is highly preferred.
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.