Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.Our Finance team ensures that Indeed complies with the highest standards of business, law and ethics, while providing Indeed's clients with excellent customer service and Indeed's management with the information and guidance required to succeed around the world. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. Simply put, we help support the people who help people get jobs.
The Procurement Counsel Division is looking for a highly motivated Procurement Counsel to join our Global Procurement team to help protect Indeed in the purchase of goods and services. This position will report to the Senior Procurement Counsel and will work with Procurement Analysts within the Division. You will review, negotiate, and revise contracts between Indeed and vendors. You will also provide legal support to all business units across the company globally. You will be responsible for negotiating, writing, reviewing, summarizing, researching and executing a wide variety of procurement contracts including master services agreements, SaaS agreements, license agreements, confidentiality agreements, marketing agreements, and other general business contracts both domestically and internationally. In this role, you will write and review contracts from many angles at once and draft them in clean, precise and direct language. You are tech savvy, possess strong project and people management skills, and are comfortable working with people all over the world. We are seeking a self-starter who thrives in a fun but results-oriented work environment, and is passionate about problem solving while showing great attention to detail.
Work closely with the Global Procurement team on all vendor contracts
Ensure each contract is in compliance with state and federal regulations
Create and update policies and procedures to improve the vendor contract process within Indeed
- Research international law regarding contracts and treaties as necessary
- Act as the point of contact for contract management globally and advise management of contractual rights and obligations as well as legal risks and business terms of various deals
- Remain up-to-date on legal/regulatory updates affecting contracts
- Review, negotiate, and draft agreements with vendors providing goods and services to Indeed
- Manage the contract lifecycle, including drafts, modifications, amendments and renewals
- Triage unusual contract requests and appropriately escalate to your Manager
- Develop form agreements for various uses
- J.D. degree and member in good standing of any U.S. bar
- Minimum of 3 years legal experience, with a minimum of 2 years experience with contract reviews
- Must be able to provide samples of work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and desire to work independently and with little oversight is a must
- Flexible, well-organized and the ability to work in a fast-paced internet and technology environment
We value attention to detail. To apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter
In your cover letter:
List 3 factors/risks you would consider when evaluating whether Indeed should enter into a contract with a vendor
Explain why you want to work at Indeed
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy Terms: https://www.indeed.com/legal/applicant-privacy
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.