Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are the people behind the scenes of Indeed's search results. We ensure that our results are ranked as best as they can be for our job seekers and that they're not being duped by scams or fraud. Beyond search, we invest heavily in ensuring that Indeed has the best data analysis tools available to optimize our recruiting products and run accurate A/B tests. Simply put, we help people get the right jobs.
As part of the Job Seeker Content organization, we strive to engage job seekers in all industries and add value through relevant content at all stages of their career. Some examples include Salaries, Company Reviews, Career Paths, and Career Guide articles.
We’re hiring to expand our Innovation Incubator in Vancouver! Come join us where:
- Promising ideas and products get prototyped and deployed rapidly to thousands of users
- Data is collected and analyzed to inform product improvement opportunities. No "gut feelings" allowed here!
- If the data shows the product isn’t working, we exit it and move to the next great idea
It's a mix of engineering, business/product and data science (including full-stack development and data engineering). Think of it as a startup office or full-time hackathon within a large and successful company: rapidly ideate, build, measure, and improve.
As a Product Developer you will work with Product Managers on business problems to define requirements and user stories. You will lead research, solution design and technology selection, full-stack development of MVPs and subsequent iterations and testing.
If you are excited about solving problems and pivoting rapidly with different approaches, getting involved in all stages of new product design and development while remaining hands-on with code at least 60% of the time, apply today!
Full stack development to rapidly build MVPs and features to test out solutions to the business problem
Collaborate with product managers to take a lead on requirements definition and refinement, developing user stories, MVP planning and solution design
Plan, develop, evaluate, launch, assess, iterate and kill product ideas
Generate and validate hypotheses about Job Seeker frustrations with qualitative and quantitative research and experiments
Use data (user actions, A/B tests) to identify when an MVP is not working and rapidly pivot or stop the experiment
Mentor junior developers in writing better code
Develop online marketing and traffic acquisition skills, run and manage marketing campaigns for different products, and acquire users in a cost effective manner. This area includes but not limited to SEM, mobile app downloads campaigns, and growth hacking
- Experience mentoring other developers
- Experience taking business problems or ideas and translating those into requirements
- Experience defining and negotiating requirements/user stories
- Bachelor’s degree majoring in a technical field, such as Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Math, Statistics, or equivalent education/experience
- You are highly resourceful, curious, adaptable and motivated
- Bonus: Experience working in an incubator and/or start-up environments
- Bonus: Hackathon experience is an advantage (big bonus if you’ve won money!)
- Bonus: Experience as a product owner or with similar responsibilities is a strong advantage
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy Terms: https://www.indeed.com/legal/applicant-privacy
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.