Additional Posting Location(s): Tokyo Tech Meguro
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
As a Product Manager for Indeed Apply, you will work on improving the job application process on Indeed used by millions of job seekers every month.
You will be responsible for setting big goals that inspire and motivate the team while leading by example. You, not the CEO or the VP of Product, will define success and the process for achieving it. You will not be compensated based on whether you meet the goal, but based on whether you deliver significant impact and meet or exceed the expectations of a good Product Manager.
Product development at Indeed is an iterative process. We challenge ourselves every single day to look for insights in our data, generate insightful hypotheses about our users and their needs, and run simple tests to check our hypotheses and learn about what to do next. We are fans of the minimum viable process and operate using lean startup and agile principles to guide us. We would prefer to spend time simplifying a feature to get it out the door this week than building flashy powerpoint decks for all hands meetings.
This is a unique opportunity to work with incredibly talented team members in a US-originated product development culture and environment.
You're someone who wants to see the impact of your work making a difference every single day. Your friends describe you as thorough, analytical and detail-oriented. You are someone with high standards who’s not afraid to push us to be better by example, and who will take pride in Indeed as we do.
- Build products and features that help people get jobs
- Understand user needs and generate new feature ideas
- Define product goals and metrics
- Identify and prioritise opportunities
- Create simple solutions
- Validate ideas by performing experiments and analysing the results
- Make data-driven decisions
- Collaborate with other teams, some remote, to deliver projects spanning multiple teams’ areas
- Communicate well and influence colleagues and executives
- Demonstrate leadership and gain respect across functions/teams
- Make people around you more effective and productive
- Over 5 years of consumer mobile or internet software product management experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Deep understanding of web technologies
- Outstanding data analysis skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Can make data-driven business decisions
- Previous entrepreneurial / start-up experience a plus
- Experience with data products, social, user-generated content, and SEO a plus
Come and join our team in one of the most exciting and unique cities on the planet! This rare opportunity will give you the chance to work in a diverse and multicultural office in the heart of Tokyo.
As well as offering you a comprehensive and curated relocation package and the opportunity to work and play in a city like no other, Indeed also provides a host of perks including:
- An open vacation policy to full-time Indeedians across the globe. We trust our employees to manage their time in a way that works best for them.
- Collaborative team spaces, private areas to focus, and a casual dress code.
- Catered meals, endless snacks, and a bevvy of drink options
- Indeed supports affinity groups to help employees connect over shared interests, from tacos to board games and beyond
- We also enjoy local office happy hours and holiday celebrations to keep us connected
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.