Additional Posting Location(s): Austin
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
Have you ever thought about forming your own startup? Want to know what it feels like to launch something new each quarter? Are you a fan of the Lean Startup and Customer Development?
We are looking for a product leader for Indeed Incubator. Indeed.com is the #1 job site in the world, helping over 200 million people every month find jobs. Indeed Incubator is an internal new product accelerator, charged with pioneering new product ideas and assessing their viability through fast launches and empirical learning.
As the PM for Indeed Incubator you will be responsible for launching new products, from conception to analytics. You should possess a mix of technical strength, business strength and good product ideas.
Product Managers at Indeed are analytical, creative, and collaborative. We obsess over data and drive for simplicity. You will guide the team by exemplifying these core values.
Product Managers have the responsibility to deliver results, but no direct authority over peers in Engineering and Design. A successful Product Manager leads by developing the trust and respect of teammates. You, and your peers, will be custodians of the Indeed culture of data and collaboration.
You will work closely with the engineering and product science on a daily basis. You will define requirements, analyze A/B tests and design processes.
Indeed’s product development philosophy is similar to the Lean Startup philosophy. You will create Minimal Viable Products (MVPs), prototypes of new products, simple tests to validate ideas and iterate. You will NOT be an armchair Product Manager writing large PRDs and handing them off to the development team. Most Product Managers at Indeed don’t even know what a PRD is.
You will enjoy a casual work environment, flexible hours, and great compensation and benefits. There is a complete lack of office politics; if that is your specialty, look elsewhere.
You will wear many hats and constantly learn new things on the job. You will be surrounded by smart, dedicated, nice people. You will be proud of the company’s mission and your products' impact.
On your first day, we will give you a t-shirt that says, "I help people get jobs." Soon after, you will be wearing your shirt at the grocery store and someone will come up and say, "I love Indeed! I found my job on Indeed. Thank you!" You will smile for the rest of the day. This will happen a lot.
- Engage in user research to understand our users (jobseekers and employers).
- Manage the pipeline of product and feature ideas.
- Flesh out ideas with wireframes and mockups (in conjunction with designers).
- Work with engineers and designers to define product requirements and priorities.
- Collaborate with other teams to deliver projects spanning multiple teams’ areas.
- Analyze data, including analytics and a A/B testing results.
- Use data analysis to improve features and inspire new product ideas.
- Research markets and competitors.
- 3-5 years of consumer mobile or internet software product management experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Deep understanding of web development technology.
- Outstanding data analysis skills.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Ability to make data-driven business decisions.
- Previous entrepreneurial / start-up experience a plus.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.