Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
We are a rapidly growing and focused product team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on Indeed to help them find jobs, make it easy to apply, research companies, and connect qualified candidates to their job openings. With product teams in Austin, Tokyo, Seattle, San Francisco, Singapore and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
The Measurements team at Indeed has the mission of leading Indeed’s ability to leverage SMB (Indeed’s small business business unit) data to understand our business and drive hires. SMB produces a large amount of valuable data, and there are no shortage of tools both inside and outside of Indeed. Measurements leads SMB to use the right tools & data to answer questions about and understand our business.
On the Measurements team, you’ll work closely with a growing team of software developers & data engineers to deliver business insights to SMB product teams using data & the latest cloud tools.
As a Product Manager at Indeed, you will take ownership of one or more products helping jobseekers or employers. That means you, not the VP of Product or the CEO, decide what the future of your product is and what your team should work on. However, you have no authority over your teammates (such as software engineers and marketers), so you will have to influence others to follow your vision.
You will be empowered to set ambitious goals for your product and team. Your goals will not be easy to achieve; they should inspire and motivate the team to think big. You will not be compensated based on whether you meet the goal, but based on whether you deliver significant impact and meet or exceed the expectations of a good Product Manager.
You will work closely with the development team on a daily basis. You will sit next to developers, define requirements and analyze tests with their input. You will do data analysis yourself, whether it"s doing queries in MySQL, searching through logs, or using the plethora of in-house tools for analyzing data.
You will constantly create hypotheses for improving your product, test them, and learn from the results. Our product development philosophy is similar to the Lean Startup philosophy. You will create MVPs, prototypes, simple tests to validate ideas and iterate. You will NOT be an armchair Product Manager writing large PRDs and handing them off to the development team. Most Product Managers at Indeed don"t even know what a PRD is.
You will wear many hats and constantly learn new things on the job. You will be surrounded by smart, dedicated, nice people. You will be proud of the company"s mission and your product"s impact.
* Understand user needs and generate new feature ideas.
* Understand Indeed’s goals and strategies and work with your management to define product goals.
* Flesh out ideas with wireframes, mockup designs, performance and benefit estimates and present these ideas for review.
* Work with engineers to define product requirements and then lead those teams to deliver.
* Collaborate with other teams, some of them remote, to deliver projects spanning multiple teams’ areas.
* Build and launch new features.
* Analyze lots of data, including opportunity analysis and test result analysis.
* Use that data analysis to define product vision and future direction by generating new product and feature ideas that will impact the business.
* Research markets and competitors.
* Over 3 years of consumer mobile or internet software product management experience.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
* Deep understanding of web development technology.
* Outstanding data analysis skills.
* Proven leadership skills.
* Is able to make data-driven business decisions.
* Previous entrepreneurial / start-up experience a plus.* Experience with data products, social, user generated content, and SEO a plus.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy Terms: https://www.indeed.com/legal/applicant-privacy
EEO and Accommodations
Indeed is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Help at 1-855-567-7767, or by email at TAhelp@indeed.com at least one week in advance of your interview.
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.