Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
As a Product Manager at Indeed, you will collaborate with engineers, data scientists and other relevant functions to help Indeed better measure and deliver value to job seekers and employers. You will be part of a team with an ambitious vision to help people get jobs in new ways. This is an exciting opportunity for someone passionate about how data can help build positive experiences and solve hard problems impacting millions of people.
You will be responsible for setting big goals that inspire and motivate the team while leading by example. You, not the CEO or the VP of Product, will define success and the process for achieving it.
Product development at Indeed is an iterative process. We challenge ourselves every single day to look for insights in our data, generate insightful hypotheses about our users and their needs, and run simple tests to check our hypotheses and learn about what to do next. We are fans of minimum viable process and operate using lean startup and agile principles to guide us. We would prefer to spend time simplifying a feature to get it out the door this week than building flashy powerpoint decks for all hands meetings.
We're not looking for someone who meets a set of requirements exactly. We're more interested in what unique insights you’ll bring to our team in a few key areas.
- You have 3+ years of experience as a Product Manager, ideally on teams building platforms or data science infrastructure. We build products based on data, hypotheses, and MVPs, not on our opinions or our seniority. We want you to contribute in the same way.
- You have experience formulating hypotheses, then designing, running, and analyzing A/B tests to validate them. You have a practical understanding of good experimental design and statistical concepts related to hypothesis testing.
- You are comfortable using programming tools to explore data when necessary because you ask questions that can't always be answered using analytics dashboards. We use lots of Python and relational database concepts here, but the specific tools are less important than your ability to extract insights from challenging data.
- You have expertise in at least a few machine learning or data mining arenas, and familiarity with many others. You don’t need to implement models from scratch or have formulas memorized, but you should be able to clearly explain concepts like precision and recall or cross validation to non-experts.
- You have strong interpersonal skills. Data is how we make decisions here, but we believe that collaboration, teamwork, and communication are critical to that process. Evangelizing our platform across multiple teams at Indeed, gathering requirements and prioritizing customer needs will be a strong component of your success.
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.