Date published: 30-Nov-2016
How Indeed works.Indeed works when talented, passionate people come together to get a job done. Come help Indeed work. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
How this team works.
How this job works.
One of our core principles is a dedication to data-driven decision-making. To do that well, we need data scientists with a strong product sensibility to work alongside our product managers and technical leads.
Are those data points outliers, or does the author just not like the A/B test result? Did the author properly account for the interaction between overlapping tests? Does that unexpectedly skew distribution indicate a selection bias in the product's users, or did the user interface inadvertently guide users' behavior? What exactly do you mean when you say "vertical"?
- Use quantitative analysis, data mining, and machine learning techniques to understand how hundreds of millions of jobseekers and employers are interacting on Indeed, and how those interactions are reflected in our data.
- Work alongside product managers and engineering teams to help guide tactical and strategic product decisions by identifying pathways between Indeed’s business problems and opportunities and Indeed’s data
- Design and use statistically sound methodologies for evaluating hundreds of tests on thousands of web pages across dozens of business-relevant metrics.
- Work alongside other data scientists and software engineers to expand Indeed's catalog of tools, techniques, and best practices for manipulating and interpreting terabytes of product data.
- Share your work to a diverse audience across a variety of media. Help us promote and practice transparency by highlighting failures that we learn from as much as successes.
- Work across a wide range of related areas: data extraction and cleansing, feature engineering, machine learning, exploratory analysis, data quality analysis, experimental analysis.
- Help people get jobs!
How you work.
If you have an insatiable curiosity, are prone to asking lots of questions, routinely look for quantitative evidence to support or refute qualitative observations and hypotheses, are interested in guiding the direction of products using the best possible data-driven decision-making, and have a passion for helping hundreds of millions of jobseekers find their next job … we’d love to talk with you.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Bioinformatics, etc.). Advanced degrees preferred.
- 2+ years industry experience using statistical modeling and/or machine learning techniques to evaluate product performance.
- Experience using statistical techniques to develop experiments that produce actionable insights and trustworthy conclusions.
- Fluency in Python, R, or another scripting language
- 2+ years industry experience pulling data from disparate data sources using query languages (e.g., SQL) and building visualizations that expose the health and performance of products.
- Ability to communicate concisely and persuasively with engineers and product managers.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.