Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
Indeed Hire, an exciting strategic company investment, operated like a start-up, driven by results.
Indeed Hire is a highly tech-driven placement agency within Indeed. We build and leverage systems that encompass the entire hiring cycle, from posting a job to job seeker applications to the hire itself. As such, we get to live Indeed’s mission -- We help people get jobs -- in every facet, every day. We’re working on shaking things up in the agency business through disruptive strategies and innovative products.
We have been a start-up within Indeed, and are starting to scale up to meet our aggressive growth targets. As a Program Manager embedded with Indeed Hire, you are a crucial component to keep us moving forward at a swift, sustainable pace as we grow. We are scaling our systems and our teams, and our processes need to be continually improved in order for us to get where we need to go.
Indeed Program Managers are facilitators and motivators embedded across the company, sitting side by side with the teams they support. We work hard to ensure collaboration, communication, and visibility on projects as well as improve processes. We are curious about how and why things work and are problem solvers at heart.
As a Program Manager, you'll work with various stakeholders at different levels of the organization to manage projects, improve project throughput and velocity, and improve transparency. You’ll need to provide diplomatic and timely communication in an agile work environment with iterative planning and delivery cycles.
- Maintain oversight of projects and the operational efficiency of your teams. Implement standards and set the correct expectations for planning and execution. Ensure team leadership has a clear understanding of goals and timelines of plans. Reinforce the concept of failing fast and moving forward.
- Analyze and solve problems across your business area (people, structures, and processes); identify the things that work together to improve operational health.
- Identify and implement process improvements for the functional areas where you are engaged. Ensure a consistent and shared understanding of best practices across teams and functions.
- Ensure standards for communications and reporting are being followed. Monitor and provide feedback on communications of your team. Maintain a cultural awareness in your communications.
- Influence across the team leadership level to solve problems affecting how the teams we work with get their work done.
- Engage with PMO leadership to understand and refer to the vision, goals, and initiatives for your business area.
- You have 10+ years experience working with software developers as a project manager, leading cross-functional coordination and team communications to deliver high impact project outcomes in a web technology company.
- You have worked closely with software engineers, QA, product managers and other engineering teams to get high-quality products and features through the software project lifecycle (build, test and release on time).
- You have experience influencing senior management and setting expectations for major cross-functional initiatives.
- You are comfortable talking about technical matters with business people and business matters with technical people.
- You are successful at getting buy-in for your ideas with a demonstrated affinity for metrics.
- You naturally exude team-building, motivating, and conflict-resolving qualities.
- Ability to manage key customer relationships, including senior managers.
- You can analyze information to find trends or diagnose problem areas.
- You are decisive - you gather the data and make informed, critical decisions quickly.
- You capably elicit high level requirements from both business and technical stakeholders, and can translate those into a detailed, prioritized backlog of work actionable by systems engineers and software developers.
- You have executed corporate-wide initiatives: defined project plans, coordinated resources, managed implementation activities, and developed all processes associated with program rollout and ongoing support.
- You have led multiple technical programs for a technology company, leading cross-functional teams to take products to market, ensuring success metrics are informing future efforts, and fine tuning the program as needed.
- You have significant agile/lean experience in a product owner or scrum master role, organizations leveraging lean/agile methodologies and in depth experience with specific agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, or SAFE.
- 5+ years scheduling and budgeting experience.
- Experience developing RFP (Requests for Proposals) for external goods and services.
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.