Additional Posting Location(s): Dublin, New York City, Stamford, Sydney, Tokyo Tech Ebisu
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.Our Human Resources team champions our culture by working tirelessly to attract and retain the best people. With HR teams in every major Indeed office globally, we value a consistent and positive experience for all of our employees and potential new hires. Every month, over 200 million people count on Indeed to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. Simply put, we help hire and develop the people inside Indeed, who help people get jobs.
The Program Manager of Leader Effectiveness is primarily responsible for the planning, development, management, and measurement of key behavioral learning and development initiatives that are core to Indeed’s overarching development philosophies, globally. As the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for these initiatives, the Program Officer is responsible for end-to-end ownership. This includes vendor relations, strategy development, needs analysis, program buildout, integration, measurement, engagement, and long-term impact. This role will sit in Stamford, New York, Austin, Dublin, or Tokyo and will report to the Senior Manager of Leader Effectiveness.
The ideal candidate is a versatile practitioner with deep expertise in learning and development, behavior change and soft-skills integration, and global and large-scale program management. The individual has experience building and implementing programs that drive impact and change within a complex, matrixed, global organization. Other important qualities include: integrity, a commitment to excellence, interpersonal savvy, critical thinking, strategic execution, and a proven ability to bring diverse groups of individuals together to achieve common goals.
- Support the development, management, integration, and global implementation of key behavioral learning initiatives including effective conversations (Crucial Conversations®), communication preference and style (Insights®), and social learning
- Build world-class programs that are cross-functional and multi-level and that bring existing initiative-related efforts under one strategic umbrella
- Ensure the alignment and integration of above-mentioned programs with the business, HR and Employee Development strategies
- Act as the main point of contact for any initiative-related vendor coordination, communication, and training
- Partner with a team of global consultants and HR Business Partners to understand regional, functional, and cultural nuances in order to inform program development
- Consult with clients at all levels (from staff to senior leadership) across the organization to understand underlying issues to develop impactful development strategies
- Partner with Talent Partners, Learning Experience professionals, and the HR Analytics team to develop a measurement strategy and subsequent ROI for the above-mentioned programs
- Partner with a team of global learning experience professionals to design content and deliver programs including supporting initiative-related certification and training of new hires as well as ongoing skills development of existing team members
- Continually measure, monitor, and report on the effectiveness of initiatives to ensure investments are delivering value to Indeed utilizing industry data, trends, and benchmarks to facilitate continuous improvement and effectiveness
- Tap external expertise where necessary and as it relates to the above-mentioned initiatives to be able to provide support and advice to the Employee Development team and organization
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Org Development, Leadership Development, Learning and Development, or related discipline. Master preferred.
- Certification/accreditation in at least one of the following:
Crucial Conversations® or other communication training program
- Minimum of 3+ years L&D experience specific to designing, implementing, and measuring behavioral learning initiatives
- Minimum of 1+ years consulting experience
- Experience using tools, frameworks, needs analyses, and metrics to identify critical issues and root causes, and develop ROIs for behavior-based programs within a within a complex, matrixed, global organization
- Demonstrates strong relationship-building and influencing skills at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrates strong analytical, problem-solving, project planning and implementation skills
- Excellent communication and relationship-management skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to travel internationally
- Experience working in a fast-growing technology company preferred
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.