Additional Posting Location(s): Washington DC
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.Our Marketing team helps job seekers and employers around the world to discover Indeed. Whether creating impactful advertising, coding bidding algorithms, or looking for the news stories in Indeed's labor data, Indeed marketers bring diverse skills to help shape and share Indeed’s story. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. Simply put, we help people get jobs, and we want to share our story with you.
Indeed is seeking an experienced public relations manager to help position the firm as a leading voice on global labor trends and economic issues.
Today, more people find jobs on Indeed than anywhere else. Each month, more than 200 million job seekers in 60 countries search for jobs, post resumes, and research companies on Indeed. Indeed is the #1 source of external hires for tens of thousands of companies worldwide. As a leading job search engine, Indeed has captured a large amount of data and has leveraged that information to produce a wide-range of reports and insights on economic, labor and hiring trends.
The Public Relations Manager will work with Indeed’s economists and senior spokespeople on a variety of labor and economic issues. He/she will be responsible for raising Indeed’s profile as a leading voice on hiring trends and economic commentary through external outreach to media outlets, influencers, and public policy groups. In addition, he/she will research and secure relevant speaking engagements and byline opportunities. The Public Relations Manager will partner closely with other members of the communications team and report to the Senior Manager of Public Relations and Communications.
The ideal candidate will have proven results in working with economists and senior executives, have a strong network of financial and economic media contacts, including broadcast outlets, and have an exceptional understanding of economic issues and trends. Past experience working on employment data and issues is a plus. In addition, the candidate must be comfortable working with data and have strong cross-collaboration skills.
Important: You must bring prior experience in working with economists and economic issues, such as employment trends, Federal Reserve policy, or GDP reports.
- Development of external strategy for raising Indeed’s profile on hiring trends and economic issues
- Hands on outreach to a variety of external constituencies, including media outlets, influencers, and public policy groups
- Development of media materials for economists and senior spokespeople; including reports, media briefings, articles, commentary, talking points, Q&A’s, and press releases
- Experience in providing executive coaching and feedback
- Accountability for media and communications performance metrics within areas of responsibility
- Collaboration with other teams across the department and organization
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years experience in PR and communications, preferably with a financial services firm
- Prior experience working with economists and securing media coverage in response to economic reports/news, such as unemployment figures
- Strong financial acumen and knowledge of complex financial issues -- ability to translate complex data analysis into interesting commentary for media and influencers
- Strong media contacts with financial press, including broadcast outlets
- Prior public relations agency experience or a combination of agency and in-house experience
- Experience working as part of a global communications team
- Excellent communications skills both written and oral
- Strong writing skills
- The ability to work with strict deadlines is essential as is working well under pressure
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.