Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo, and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
- A person with a BS in Computer Science or a related area, or with relevant work experience
- Someone who has 5+ years of experience as a QA Automation Engineer, Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), a Software Developer, or in a similar role
- Has experience on Functional Test Automation and also prudent in conducting Application Performance Testing and System Analysis by using any of the Performance Test Tools like Apache JMeter, Gatling, Locust or similar
- Work with team to develop performance test plans and scenarios
- Experienced in designing test structures that are modular, reusable, resilient, easily maintainable, performant and scalable
- A person who actively gains deep product knowledge to help them write better automation.
- A quality champion who advocates testability through code reviews, design reviews, and influencing others with compelling data
- A mentor for QA Engineers and/or QA Automation Engineers (SDET’s) on writing and implementing automation.
- Great at identifying and analyzing the root cause of complex bugs in your code as well as others’ code
- Passionate about mentoring Software Developers in writing unit and integration tests that deliver impactful automation improving velocity and quality
- Well-versed with incrementally validating investments in innovative solutions for your team’s automation
- A person who has experience with test frameworks such as PyTest, TestNG, RSpec, JUnit, Jasmine, Mocha, etc.
- Proficient in one or more of the following technologies: RESTful APIs or Selenium Webdriver automation with Java, Python or other object-oriented languages
- Proactively engage in all testing efforts including unit testing, functional testing, load testing, end-to-end testing, user acceptance testing, etc.
- Have hands-on experience using tools like Jenkins, Git, Docker, AWS, RabbitMQ, and familiar with writing Unix commands or Shell scripts.
Opportunities and challenges to grow your quality engineering skillset at Indeed
- Find scalable ways to automate functional, usability, compatibility, performance, API, database, and accessibility testing.
- Influence and refactor the development codebase for testability, performance, usability, accessibility, and performance.
- Develop and infuse automation into the development life cycle. Use a test-driven
- approach leveraging Push on Green (CI/CD). Enable pushing code to production much faster, while minimizing the impact of mistakes, and making it easier to diagnose failures.
- Contribute to the design of automation frameworks, automation infrastructure, and various tools.
- Automate across various countries, languages, and applications, as well as browsers and devices (mobile, tablets, etc.)
- Interview future team members and provide a great candidate experience every time.
- Validate ideas by performing experiments and analyzing the results
- Participate in working groups to improve all of Engineering
- Collaborate with smart people who help you grow
- Contribute to product suggestions that can directly impact Job Seekers and Employers.
- Work side by side with world-class QA Automation Engineers, QA Engineers, Software Engineers, Data Scientists, Site Reliability Engineers, and Product Managers.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy Terms: https://www.indeed.com/legal/applicant-privacy
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.