Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
You work with product and engineering teams to plan and develop automated test suites for a specific set of products. Use and develop new tools to effectively test products and improve Indeed's engineering processes. Maintain and evaluate automated tests week to week and report problems you discover.
You are excited about providing new tools to the QA team to make verification processes more efficient. You work with developers to make hard-to-test features more testable for QA. You understand the inner workings of technologies that you test. You know that it is the job of a Quality Assurance Engineer to speak up at any point in the process. You are someone with high standards who will push us to be better, and who will take pride in Indeed like we do.
You're someone who wants to see the impact of your work making a difference every day. You understand the role of a Quality Assurance Analyst and you are a strong advocate for quality -- you are motivated to consider the user experience of the site for various types of users, test the edge cases of products, and lobby for having problems you've encountered get fixed.
What we need from you...
- Experience with Selenium Webdriver
- Demonstrated programming skills in Python, Java, or related languages
- Prior success as an individual QA Engineer embedded within a product team
- Experience with all phases of software testing including test planning, functional testing, and regression testing.
- Experience testing all layers of a web application, including front-end, service layer, and back-end testing.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related area, or relevant work experience.
Things that help...
- Comfortable with Unix commands, experience writing shell scripts
- Experience as a Software Design Engineer in Test or SDET
- Experience using Git
- Experience with mobile testing / Appium
- An understanding of the value derived from shipping code rapidly to production and learning/iterating on the results
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.