Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
Our team owns and develops the backend components and infrastructure that powers Indeed’s flagship job search product. Our search engine is one of the fastest in the world. You would be working with a group of highly talented and driven engineers to continuously improve this highly scalable system using bleeding edge technologies.
* Become an expert of the software system that you are testing
* Take ownership of the quality of the application that your team is developing
* Identify bugs by performing functional, usability, compatibility, performance, and security testing
* Turn complex testing issues and tools into fun and straightforward documentation for others to use
* Learn about Indeed’s various products and understand how they work together
* Work in a dynamic deploy cycle to test web apps and new product features
* Create and execute weekly test plans used during the deploy cycle
* Work with the development team on testing requirements and implementation details
* Has a BS in Computer Science or a related area or relevant work experience
* Is an extraordinarily detail-oriented, creative problem solver and a self-motivated worker who thrives and works well under deadlines
* Is inquisitive and eager to learn in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
* Is intrigued by web technology and the Internet as a platform for opportunities and challenges
* Wants to be an integral part of a team that delivers the highest quality product possible
* Doesn’t shy away from expressing solutions and ideas for improvement
* Enjoys working in a cross-functional work environment
* Can work independently, have a self-starter mentality
* Identifies bottlenecks in the overall delivery lifecycle of the product, propose and drive holistic improvements to our processes
* Understands and leverages existing automation tests, work towards increasing automation coverage (either by implementing themselves, or create requirements for others to implement)
* Engage early in the development lifecycle, identify and alert on potential bugs and testability issues ahead of time
* Is passionate about mentorship and sharing their skills and knowledge with others
* Have the technical and analytical skills to be able to contribute to root cause analysis of software bugs, propose potential solutions
These qualities would make you an even stronger candidate
* Has a deep understanding of web technology
* Experience testing backend components, large datasets, search engines
* Well versed with the *NIX command line, SQL databases
* Has a deep understanding of how front end and back end systems work together
* Experience running automation tests and analyzing test results
* Experience creating automation tests for backend components
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy Terms: https://www.indeed.com/legal/applicant-privacy
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.