Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.Our team supports the strategic goals for high priority challenge markets by identifying and implementing market-specific improvements to the current product offerings. We identify new opportunities for growth based on a thorough market understanding.
The base salary range below represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Long Term Incentive Plan units, an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
- Become an expert in the web/mobile app that you are testing
- Take ownership of the quality of the web/mobile app you are testing
- Identify bugs by performing functional, usability, compatibility, performance, and security testing
- Turn complex testing issues and tools into fun and straightforward documentation for others to use
- Learn about Indeed’s various products and understand how they work together
- Work in a dynamic deploy cycle to test web apps and new product features
- Create and execute weekly test plans used during the deploy cycle
- Work with the development team on testing requirements and implementation details
- Test across browsers and devices (mobile, tablets, etc.)
We're looking for someone who
- Has a BS in Computer Science or a related area or relevant quality assurance work experience
- Is an extraordinarily detail-oriented and creative problem solver
- Is a self-motivated worker who thrives and works well under deadlines
- Is inquisitive and eager to learn in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Is intrigued by web technology and the Internet as a platform for opportunities and challenges
- Wants to be an integral part of a team that delivers the highest quality product possible
- Doesn’t shy away from expressing solutions and ideas for improvement
- Enjoys working in a cross-functional work environment
- Can work independently, have a self-starter mentality
- Identifies bottlenecks in the overall delivery lifecycle of the product, propose and drive holistic improvements to our processes
- Understands and leverages existing automation tests, work towards increasing QA automation coverage (either by implementing themselves, or create requirements for others to implement)
- Engage early in the development lifecycle, identify and alert on potential bugs and testability issues ahead of time
- Is passionate about mentorship and sharing their skills and knowledge with others
- Have the technical and analytical skills to be able to contribute to root cause analysis of software bugs, propose potential solutions
These qualities would make you an even stronger candidate
- Has a deep understanding of web technology
- Can read and understand Japanese in addition to full working proficiency in English
- Has a deep understanding of how front end and back end systems work together
- Experience running automation tests and analyzing test results
- Experience creating automation tests using Selenium WebDriver
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.