Date published: 9-Feb-2017
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
Indeed is looking for someone who wants to see the impact of their work making a difference every day. Someone that understands the role of a Quality Assurance Analyst and advocates for Quality. Someone that appreciates the role of embedded QA and the important part that QA plays in product development. The Quality Assurance Manager works with developers to make hard-to-test features more testable for QA, understands the inner workings of technologies that have been tested, and understands the importance of manual testing and also knows that automated regression tests are vital.
The Quality Assurance Manager enjoys working on teams that move quickly and knows that it is the job of a Quality Assurance Analyst to speak up at any point in the process and will also provide hands-on leadership for a growing Quality Assurance team in our Austin engineering office. This person will coach other Quality Assurance Analysts and help them develop their skills, understand that the best managers serve their teams, removing roadblocks and giving individual contributors autonomy and ownership.
As our engineering organization grows, this person will help ensure we keep the talent bar high, and will grow the skills and capabilities of the team by regular 1:1s with direct reports and provide them with regular feedback to help them grow. The Quality Assurance Manager will assist with testing large releases, investigate complicated production issues, and cover for team members that are out.
- Significant prior success as an individual QA Analyst contributor
- Experience as a manager
- Experience working cross-functionally with groups like Software Developers, Product Managers, and Country Managers
- Able to champion quality practices within a team or within the organization
- Strong ability to onboard and coach Quality Assurance Analysts, help them improve their skills, and grow their careers
- Extensive experience with all phases of software testing including test planning, functional testing, and regression testing
- An understanding of the value derived from shipping code rapidly to production and learning/iterating on the results
- A deep understanding of web technologies
- Experience with automated testing frameworks such as Selenium Webdriver is a plus
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.