Additional Posting Location(s): Austin
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly-growing, fast-moving, highly-capable UX team building the most popular job site on the planet. Our designers work in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, collaborating with Product Managers and Engineering to deliver simple solutions to the real-world problems that job seekers and employers face hiring and getting hired. Most importantly, our team is expected to deliver results, and be able to demonstrate the impact our changes have on our business.
We are looking for a Quantitative User Experience Researcher with strong skills in behavioral data analysis, experiment design, survey research, statistical analysis, and human-computer interaction. You will collaborate with cross-functional team members to define and prioritize research and to develop UX metrics. You will design and conduct empirical research, and you will code, clean, visualize and analyze Indeeds’ vast stores of data using statistical methods in order to understand and extract meaningful patterns of user behavior. Your research will generate user experience insights that will move our products forward.
Some of the ways you will support the team
- Collaborate with product teams to define and prioritize high-impact research to improve user experience
- Define and develop quantitative UX goals and metrics in collaboration with cross-functional team members
- Design and conduct studies that address both user behavior and attitudes
- Develop statistical models to understand user experience
- Deliver UX insights that evaluate designs and fuel ideation
- Drive change by communicating research findings that are convincing and actionable for both research experts and non-experts
- Collaborate closely with qualitative researchers and work cross-functionally with design, product management, content strategy, engineering and marketing.
- Conduct holistic analysis of behavior and performance across the entire Indeed ecosystem
- Analyze complex experiments and recommend clear actions with supporting evidence
- Improve Indeed’s ability to measure the broad impact of changes beyond local effects (i.e. effect on whole flow vs just current page)
- Naturally inquisitive, love the idea of being presented with a large amount of data that you can mine for insights
- Enjoys both “talking shop” with other statistics nerds, but also can clearly articulate the “so what” for audiences who don’t have the same level of training in stats
- 3+ years of experience in an applied research setting for mid-level, 10+ years for senior levels
- MS or Ph.D. in a human behavior-related field (Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Social Science, Statistics, Behavioral or Microeconomics or other related fields)
- Strong experimental design and/or A/B testing skills; you understand how to plan, execute, and analyze experiments in a statistically rigorous way
- Able to determine and execute the right research method for the question at hand, including when to use qualitative research methods
- 2+ years programming experience with either Python or R
- Familiarity with SQL
- Excellent grasp of best practices in data visualization to influence decision-making
- Familiar with survey design and analysis; familiarity with analysis of eye-tracking data is a plus
- Strong communication skills and comfort interacting with and influencing stakeholders in varied roles and at varied levels of the organization
- Willingness to look holistically at the practice of qualitative and quantitative research, identify gaps, and work cross-functionally to fill those gaps
- Bonus points for experience in building tools (or incorporating 3rd party tools) into organizations for maximum impact across teams
And why would you want to work here?
People like it here
People tend to stick around. Part of our high retention rate may be due to our fairly strict "no jerks" policy.
Your work will make a difference
If you want to know what you are doing matters, you'll like Indeed’s data-driven approach to product development. Working for Indeed, you'll be able to confidently describe how the end user research and events that you coordinate improved our products.
Indeed is useful and successful
People all over the world were looking for jobs last year and they will be looking for them next year. Recruitment is a mature, established industry with billions of dollars flowing through it. We've been profitable for years, and are a market leader not just in the US, but all over the world.
We make money in a way you can be proud of
Some companies try to take advantage of people looking for jobs. We don't. You can explain how we make money to anyone and they aren't going to get creeped out. We provide employers a great service at a great price, and we don't take money from people who are looking for work.
Job seekers and employers love us
We get testimonials all the time from people looking for jobs and people who are hiring. People love Indeed. Those who don’t typically haven’t heard of us.
You'll be working on something that matters
Finding a job is an emotional experience, and finding a good job directly impacts the quality of people’s lives - financially and personally. People spend about as much time with their co-workers as they do with their friends and family. You'll directly contribute to the well being of everyone who uses our products.
If you are genuinely interested in helping make products that people love to use, treats them with respect, helps them achieve their goals, and want to help us continue to build a sustainable business, we look forward to hearing from you.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.