Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are the people behind the scenes of Indeed's search results. We ensure that our results are ranked as best as they can be for our job seekers and that they're not being duped by scams or fraud. Beyond search, we invest heavily in ensuring that Indeed has the best data analysis tools available to optimize our recruiting products and run accurate A/B tests. Simply put, we help people get the right jobs.
The Query Management Analyst is responsible for analyzing Indeed user search data and using internal tools to refine the relevance of jobs we present to job seekers. As an ideal candidate, you have a comprehensive knowledge of the German market and fluency in the German language. You will leverage this knowledge to analyze jobseeker queries based on intent and make refinements to present ideal jobs on Indeed German for any given search. You are analytical, data-driven, and can utilize large datasets to steer direction and strategy in your work. You have strong attention to detail and organizational skills, are highly motivated, and you take pride in maintaining a high-quality job search experience on Indeed. You are an outside-of-the-box thinker, not only prioritizing process as it currently exists but constantly thinking of improvements to strategy and product. Most importantly, you believe in user-centered design and are excited to help people get jobs by surfacing relevant content to produce the best search experiences.
- Develop an understanding of user intent through research and data analysis in German markets
- Create and moderate rules to refine search results
- Monitor performance of experimental queries, rules, and A/B tests
- Process JIRA tickets for issues and requests pertaining to search query management
- Investigate job seeker search queries and analyze key performance metrics
- Ideate solutions for problem spaces and suggest ways to improve and scale our products, processes, and internal tools
- Collaborate with cross-functional colleagues, offering feedback and training on query management strategies
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in German and English
- Experience with Boolean syntax
- Strong data retrieval skills and technical competence
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
- Desire to work in a collaborative, fast-paced technical environment
- Honed time management skills and ability to work independently
- Proficiency with Google G Suite (Gmail, Sheets, Docs, Hangouts, etc.)
- Knowledge of the German market, particularly the jobs ecosystem
- Experience with SQL
- Knowledge of SERPs and information retrieval
- Knowledge of linguistic concepts and principles
- Knowledge of user-centered design or user-driven development
- Previous experience in Search Quality or related field
- Proficiency with Atlassian products (JIRA, Confluence)
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.