Additional Posting Location(s): Los Angeles, Montreal, New York City
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
Our Assessments team has a simple mission: help candidates get the right job. We let people build a profile to demonstrate their knowledge, skills, and abilities using job assessments… we’re trying to make the resume a thing of the past.
Our team is highly distributed geographically so this position is open to remote candidates anywhere in the US or Canada.
Our team is nimble and scrappy. We ship new capabilities often and quickly by explicitly asking ourselves the 80/20 question a.k.a. the Pareto Principle.
* Build the core functionality of our assessments platform and own design and execution
* Develop our API and integrations with external applicant tracking systems like Greenhouse and Jobvite
* Scale to serve 100M+ job seekers
What we are looking for:
- Deep web application development experience for complex apps
- Our stack is ReactJS and Ruby on Rails
- Sr Level, 7+ years of recent industry experience
- Must have experience with architecture, scalable systems and conducting code reviews
- Must be proficient in either React or RoR with working knowledge of the other.
Our hiring process:
- 15min phone call with a recruiter
- 1-hour google hangout, showing off your coding abilities
- 2 day paid working project
View our bounty of perks:  http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.