Date published: 24-Apr-2017
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
Indeed’s mission is to help people get jobs. Today, more people find jobs on Indeed than anywhere else. More than 200 million people each month search for jobs, post resumes, and research companies on Indeed. Indeed is the #1 source of external hires for tens of thousands of companies worldwide.
The Indeed Hiring Lab is a team of economists, researchers, and writers whose insights help drive the global labor market conversation. The Hiring Lab produces short-form research on job-market topics using Indeed’s proprietary data and publicly available data; our research is published on the Indeed blog and other media sites. Our primary audiences are journalists, policymakers, and researchers, as well as employers and job-seekers.
The Research Director will oversee the Hiring Lab’s research by setting research priorities, ensuring technical quality and credibility, and identifying new approaches to analyzing Indeed’s proprietary data and publicly available data. The Research Director will be both a manager of Hiring Lab economists and an individual research contributor and spokesperson. This is a new leadership role at Indeed and reports to our Chief Economist.
- Help set the Hiring Lab’s research agenda, based on labor-market trends, our unique data assets, and innovative research approaches.
- Lead the technical review of all Hiring Lab research.
- Conceive, research, and write data-driven blogposts about the labor market.
- Oversee the development of new labor-market indicators from Indeed’s data.
- Serve as a spokesperson on the labor market for the media, at public engagements, and at Indeed’s events.
- Recruit, mentor, and inspire the Hiring Lab’s research team.
- Seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience working in tech, finance, media, or other fast-paced work environment.
- Master’s or PhD in economics or related field.
- Success at writing for and presenting to non-technical audiences.
- Excellent taste in research topics.
- Experience using publicly available labor-market data.
- Deep understanding of labor market theories, empirical approaches, and statistical concepts.
- Fluency in SQL, R, Python, Stata, or similar data management and analysis tools.
- Experience managing other researchers.
How to applyPlease include a cover letter that tells us why you would be a good fit for this position and anything else you’d like us to know that is not already on your resume.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.