Additional Posting Location(s): Austin
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are the people behind the scenes of Indeed's search results. We ensure that our results are ranked as best as they can be for our job seekers and that they’re not being duped by scams or fraud. Beyond search, we invest heavily in ensuring that Indeed has the best data analysis tools available to optimize our recruiting products and run accurate A/B tests. Simply put, we help people get the right jobs.
As an Analyst within Search Quality Risk Operations, you are responsible for protecting the integrity of Indeed’s products by working in a team dedicated to reviewing content, determining if it is at Indeed’s standards, and actioning if necessary. Under the direction of your manager, you improve the job seeker experience by analyzing, investigating, and removing low quality and fraudulent content, while working cross-functionally in order to improve our internal moderation tools. You should be comfortable when asked to perform in-depth analysis and research in a competent and efficient manner. You are able to present your findings in a clear and succinct way. Once the analysis is complete, you are undaunted by developing, communicating, and implementing a plan that may include sweeping product or policy changes. You recognize exploitations of or gaps in products, policies, and standards, and you work toward filling those gaps via product and/or policy revision.
- Conduct daily reviews in order to find suspicious, malicious, or low-quality accounts
- Communicate with your peers and cross-functional partners regarding fraud trends, patterns, and other malicious activity
- Challenge the status quo working collaboratively as well as independently on projects focused on improving moderation methods, policies, and internal tools
- Investigate internal and external reports of suspicious activity or undesirable content. This will include in-depth reviews of activity and user-created content as well as companies, job types, industries, and business practices
- Use data analysis to inform your decisions and the direction of our efforts daily
- Consider the job seeker experience in every facet of your work
- Experience in Fraud, Risk, or Payments highly preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Able to deliver clear and succinct interpretations of extensive research in a manner accessible to all relevant Indeed teams
- Curious-minded enough to pursue open-ended leads, but pragmatic enough to understand when to move on from an issue
- Self-starter, intellectually curious and comfortable operating in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Ability to quickly identifying patterns and trends across seemingly unrelated content
- Capability to validate and explain trends and results compared to outlined success metrics
- Technical knowledge with a proficiency in manipulating data sets in SQL or equivalent and drawing insights from data
- Must be organized, positive, proactive, and results-oriented
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.