Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are builders, we are integrators. Tech Services creates and optimizes solutions for a rapidly growing business on a global scale. We work with distributed infrastructure, petabytes of data, and billions of transactions with no limitations on your creativity. You don’t have to wait for some architect or manager to tell you what you can work on - you decide the priorities. With tech hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
As a Security Engineer you’ll design, build, and improve systems which keep Indeed secure. Together with your team you’ll define robust ways to build, operate, and scale security. You will interact with technical teams across Indeed to secure global infrastructure that scales to tens of millions of pageviews a day, sees over 200 million unique visitors per month, and serves users in over 25 global offices.
What you might do
- Design, develop, and ship systems that increase security and organizational efficiency.
- Integrate and automate services and operational tasks by consuming and building APIs, tools and frameworks.
- Contribute to open source projects and build things you are proud to share.
- Build or enhance solutions to detect and mitigate new threats.
- Improve service reliability through blameless postmortems, and the use of code to prevent or respond to problem recurrence.
- Use metrics and monitoring to ensure the security of our infrastructure.
- Proven track record of building, securing and automating enterprise scale infrastructure and systems.
- Experience developing applications in Python, Go, or similar languages.
- Experience in Unix/Linux operating systems internals.
- Experience building and improving robust, scalable systems.
- Desire to solve problems with code.
- A tenacious ability to diagnose and fix security, performance and reliability problems.
We get excited about candidates who have:
- Experience in some of the following areas: Docker, Kubernetes, ELK/SIEMs, Kafka, Hadoop
- Experience working closely with SRE or DevOps teams.
- Experience tuning, improving and devising new ways to collect signals, reduce noise, and identify suspicious events in corporate or production environments.
- Experience building highly available and secure systems at scale.
- Contributions to open source projects.
Indeed provides fantastic benefits so that we can focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.