Additional Posting Location(s): Tokyo Sales/CS, Tokyo Tech Meguro
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
Indeed Information Security is a rapidly growing team. We are builders, breakers, and integrators. We secure distributed infrastructure, working with petabytes of data and billions of transactions. You’ll join a team of passionate innovators, hungry to solve new problems. You won’t wait for some architect or manager to tell you where to focus your creativity — you decide the priorities. With tech hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
As a Security Operations Engineer you’ll lead the response to security incidents, concerns, and vulnerabilities. You and your team will drive incident response for the entire company. You’ll stay on top of the latest threats and trends in corporate and production information security, working to keep Indeed’s infrastructure and networks secure
What you might do
Detect, respond to, investigate, and remediate security events, driving all aspects of an incident to closure
Work with other teams to identify, resolve, and mitigate vulnerabilities in their systems
Develop, implement and automate strategies, tuning tools, and rules for detecting and remediating malicious activity
Stay up-to-date with trends in the information security community including new vulnerabilities, methodologies, and products
Investigate alerts from detective telemetry and tune rules to increase fidelity
- Hands-on experience performing incident response
- Experience with performing network and host-based forensics
- Deep knowledge of different attack vectors (malware, web application, social engineering, etc)
- Experience implementing and supporting security monitoring devices
- Experience working with operations, compliance, and IT teams
Nice to have
- Experience tuning, improving, and devising new ways to collect signals, reduce noise, and identify suspicious events in corporate or production environments
- Experience automating detection capabilities
- Experience in some of the following areas: SIEMs, ELK, IPS/IDS, Palo Alto, Firepower, Cisco ASA, Bro
- Experience with open source technologies and environments
- Conversational Japanese ability but not required
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.