Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.Our Finance team ensures that Indeed complies with the highest standards of business, law and ethics, while providing Indeed's clients with excellent customer service and Indeed's management with the information and guidance required to succeed around the world. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. Simply put, we help support the people who help people get jobs.
Indeed is hiring a Senior Accountant to join our EMEA Finance team at its headquarters in Dublin. The Accounting team consists of experienced, motivated, and self-sufficient high performers. The ideal candidate will have strong communication and organizational skills. This role will report to the EMEA Assistant Accounting Manager.
- Responsible for the completion of month-end accounting and reporting tasks, including preparation of high risk journal entries, reconciliations and financial reports for the Indeed Ireland entity
- Managing the relationship with Indeed Ireland Accounting team to ensure month end deadlines are met
- Review and approval of journal entries and reconciliations submitted by Accounting team
- Responsible for the reporting of monthly results under IFRS and USGAAP associated with agency commissions and deferred revenue
- Preparation of deferred revenue schedules and release of deferred revenue
- Perform research into core and new products and how revenue should be recognized in line with IFRS and USGAAP
- Liaise with product, billing automation and operational teams to support the design and operation of the company’s billing cycle
- Support cash application administrator with clearing accounts to ensure compliance with best practices
- Reconcile clearing accounts associated with credit card collections portals and report associated fees correctly
- Coordinate with Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll and Operations teams to ensure timely and accurate reporting and reconciliation
- Prepare and review control documentation for all applicable company processes
- Review and production of consolidated accounts and schedules to parent company on a quarterly basis
- Assisting with financial and tax audits
- Coordinating more complex accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the accounting and finance team or with other departments
- Suggest, design and implement solutions to improve efficiency
- Flexibility to take on ad hoc accounting and reporting project
- 3+ years post qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Prior experience in a multi-national, multi-entity and multi-currency environment preferred
- Track record of working independently with limited required direction and guidance on simultaneous projects and teams
- Ability to respond to internal requests for support and assistance in a prompt and professional manner
- Ability to prioritise in a fast moving environment
- Strong time management, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- USGAAP/IFRS reporting knowledge
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.