Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are builders, we are integrators. Tech Services creates and optimizes solutions for a rapidly growing business on a global scale. We work with distributed infrastructure, petabytes of data, and billions of transactions with no limitations on your creativity. You don’t have to wait for some architect or manager to tell you what you can work on - you decide the priorities. With tech hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
- Own availability, performance, and growth of a Queuing(RabbitMQ, Kafka, SQS, ActiveMQ) technology vertical
- Expert-level knowledge in the vertical, creating documentation and evangelizing with other teams
- Serve as a subject matter expert/architect in the queuing vertical, performing design reviews and consulting with internal teams to ensure best practices
- Build out monitoring tools and scripts to ensure your vertical is performing well and meeting SLOs with users.
- Perform upgrades and regular maintenance
- Build out and maintain backups and disaster recovery plans
- Serve as an escalation point for on-call rotation for queuing speciality
- Create forecasting models for capacity planning, providing proactive growth for the queuing vertical
- Develop new standards of excellence for the Queuing technology at Indeed
- Intimate and extensive knowledge of Queuing(RabbitMQ, Kafka, SQS, ActiveMQ), Linux Administration and Engineering
- We use CentOS/Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), you should too. :)
- systemd? Love it or hate it, you realize it's just another tool to use.
- You’re as comfortable with /bin/perf as you are with /bin/ls.
- A solid understanding with common automation tools such as Puppet, Chef, Terraform and Ansible
- An advanced background with a higher level scripting language, such as Perl, Python, or Ruby.
- A willingness to take responsibility, accountability, and ownership.
- A willingness to mentor and teach people what you know.
- Highly detail oriented. You want to know everything about something instead of something about everything
- Comfortable with leading a team and positively influencing the queuing user base
- Ability to look into the future while keeping a close eye on current operations.
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.