Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly-growing, fast-moving, highly-capable UX team building the most popular job site on the planet. Our designers work in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, collaborating with Product Managers and Engineering to deliver simple solutions to the real-world problems that job seekers and employers face hiring and getting hired. Most importantly, our team is expected to deliver results, and be able to demonstrate the impact our changes have on our business.
Your job.Design technologists at Indeed serve a critical role accelerating the creation of breakthrough design, identifying opportunities, and bridging the design and engineering organizations.
Design technologists build high-fidelity prototypes through tools and code; identify and refine design ideas through technical and creative insight; define best practices in prototyping; and help to transfer code and ideas between design and engineering.
The skills of a design technologist vary widely, but generally include...
- Depth in at least one user interface stack such as HTML / CSS, UIKit, React, Angular, Ember, Backbone, QuickDraw....
- Deep knowledge of the craft of user interface: alpha channels, ease curves, layout technology, and performance
- Understanding of the design process in modern software organizations, including wireframes, clickthroughs, mocks, and prototypes of all levels of fidelity
- A deep passion for both code and creativity
- Familiarity with core tools of the UI craft: Photoshop, Sketch, After Effects
- Current knowledge of the UI technology landscape, whether grid systems in CSS or autolayout in iOS
- Familiarity with User Experience Research methods such as usability testing and an understanding of how prototyping supports research
This role specifically requires...
- 2+ years coding in a design-heavy environment, either as a member of the design team or a front-end engineer working closely with designers
- Proven experience developing sophisticated UI prototypes
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Design, or related field, or equivalent industry experience
About you.To really catch our attention, you might offer...
- A portfolio of creative, beautiful, and compelling user interface prototypes
- Fluency in UI tech beyond a single platform
- Video game development
- Experience or strength in visual and / or interaction design
This is a great time to join the Indeed design team. We are growing in size, capabilities, and location and the right individual will find a huge array of opportunities for major impact.
And why would you want to work here?
People like it here. People tend to stick around. Part of our high retention rate may be due to our fairly strict "no jerks" policy.
Indeed is useful and successful.
People all over the world were looking for jobs last year and they will be looking for them next year. Recruitment is a mature, established industry with billions of dollars flowing through it. We've been profitable for years, and are a market leader not just in the US, but all over the world.
We make money in a way you can be proud of.
Some companies try to take advantage of people looking for jobs, we don't. You can explain how we make money to anyone and they aren't going to get creeped out. We provide employers a great service at a great price, and we don't take money from people who are looking for work.
Job seekers and employers love us.
We get testimonials from people looking for jobs and people who are hiring all the time. People love Indeed. Those who don’t typically haven’t heard of us.
You'll be working on something that matters.
Finding a job is an emotional experience, and finding a good job directly impacts the quality of people’s lives. Not only financially; people spend about as much time with who they work with as the people they love. You'll directly contribute to the well being of everyone who uses our products.
If you are genuinely interested in helping make products that people love to use, treats them with respect, helps them achieve their goals, and want to help us continue to build a sustainable business, we look forward to hearing from you.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs. View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits