Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.Our Marketing team helps job seekers and employers around the world to discover Indeed. Whether creating impactful advertising, coding bidding algorithms, or looking for the news stories in Indeed's labor data, Indeed marketers bring diverse skills to help shape and share Indeed’s story. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. Simply put, we help people get jobs, and we want to share our story with you.
The Senior Director, Global Advertising is based in Austin, and will be responsible for leading Indeed’s global integrated campaign efforts, and the team’s (internal and media agencies) responsible for delivering them. This person will manage a $500 Million (and growing) global advertising budget, and ensure we have effective plans to meet our brand awareness, consideration, and acquisition goals. As a senior member of the team, she or he will be accountable for the design and delivery of truly innovative and effective campaigns that deliver superior results for Indeed.
To be successful in this position you must have the following skills and abilities
● Experience successfully leading teams to develop and execute breakthrough advertising campaigns for major brands, with large ($150Million +) budgets. Global experience is a plus.
● Must have deep media expertise, highly analytical, and be well-versed in all forms of media with the ability to bring concepts to life through communications plans that are driven by data, consumer insights, and technology.
● Demonstrated experience to scale a team, build out processes, and structure it in a way that ensures efficiency, effectiveness, and creativity in the design and delivery of integrated programs.
● Ability to foster growth and advancement of all team members through training programs, career path planning, goal-setting, and establishment of clear accountability.
● Our global campaigns are a mix of brand building campaigns and customer acquisition efforts, and the ideal person for this role will have experience with both.
● Naturally collaborative, must possess exceptional interpersonal, communication and influencing skills (both written and verbal) with a demonstrated ability to work with all levels of leadership. Extremely detail-oriented and knows how to drive projects through to completion.
● Must have a test and learn mind-set, and be a forward thinker with a passion for staying up on consumer trends thinking about what’s next.
Manage a team to deliver successful integrated campaign development and execution for a $500Million + advertising budget across the globe.
We currently plan and execute major campaigns across 9 markets - US, Canada, UK, FR, FRCA, NL, DE, AU, IN- and will continue to expand quickly to coincide with the growth of Indeed. You will be responsible for knowing how to balance global vs. local planning needs, and understanding the nuances and best approaches to each market.
Build trusted relationships with other senior leaders within the company, especially country marketing leaders and financial planning teams.
Advertising operations - detailed budget management and setting up the processes that deliver consistent successful outcomes.
Scaling the team (currently a team of 21) and developing talent as quickly as needed to keep up with Indeed’s pace of growth.
Keeper of the relationship with our media agency, ensuring we are operating in the most effective ways possible.
Report and track campaign success metrics as well as ways to optimize based on learnings.
Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Communications or related field required – advanced degree a plus.
15+ years of recent experience in directly managing a modern media function for a large organization, or within an agency environment.
Established track record of successfully leading a team to develop large scale campaign development and execution, with a large advertising budget ($200M +).
Skilled and experienced at managing and scaling a team of marketers globally.
Experience in working collaboratively with senior level stakeholders to solve problems and create alignment.
Strong financial acumen, and analytical mindset.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.