Additional Posting Location(s): San Francisco
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
Indeed’s job search engine serves billions of search queries every month connecting tens of millions of jobseekers to relevant job opportunities. As part of a small collaborative team from engineering, operations and product management, you will work on areas such as feature extraction, document indexing, retrieval, and relevancy scoring. We constantly dig into the data available at Indeed to analyze, inform and develop solutions to the right problems. If looking at data, slicing and dicing it in multiple ways and coming up with interesting insights is something you thrive upon, you will fit right in.
Job Seeker products reach over 250 million job seekers around the world in 60+ countries. Job Seeker products include Job Search, Profiles, Indeed Apply, Company Pages, and more. Each Job Seeker team in each and every office is entrusted with developing high scale products with worldwide reach that are critical to the company's present and future.
Indeed's Engineering management approach differs from many companies. We emphasize the long term by fostering an environment where individuals have autonomy to achieve impact according to their goals and skills. Managers lead the product teams to deliver and also invest heavily into coaching and mentoring their team members to develop and grow.
- Lead 5-10 software engineering teams distributed across 2-4 sites globally
- Global leadership responsibility for the Job seeker business area
- Guide the engineering processes and strategies to deliver high quality Job Seeker products reliably
- Collaborate closely with peers in other functions, notably Product and SRE
- Discover, develop, and coach leaders
- Plan and implement a recruiting strategy for your teams aligning with product & delivery goals
- 5+ years managing software engineering teams in consumer Web or SaaS products
- Experience leading a geographically distributed software engineering organization comprising multiple teams
- The ability to balance short term results with long term sustainability
- An evidence-based approach to making decisions but also the willingness to take the occasional leap of faith
- A strong & collaborative leader with proven ability to deliver products at scale
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.