Indeed is expanding its Vancouver office and looking to hire an exceptional product leader who can operate in a fast paced environment delivering business results quickly while building out longer term organization and product strategy.
As a Sr. Product Director at Indeed Vancouver, you will own one or more products of strategic importance to the business and manage multiple Product Managers and managers of Product managers who extend your vision and influence. You will be responsible for growing the Product Management team through great hiring and mentoring as you expand Indeed’s product and technical capabilities. You and your team, not the CEO, will decide how to grow your products to further the company goals of helping people find jobs and growing revenue.
Product Managers at Indeed, including Directors and above, are analytical, creative, and collaborative. We obsess over data and drive for simplicity. You will guide the team in Vancouver by exemplifying these core values.
Product Managers have the responsibility to deliver results, but no authority over peers in Engineering and Design. A successful Product Manager leads by developing the trust and respect of teammates. You will foster collaboration across the Seattle office, and with Indeed offices around the world. You, and your peers, will be custodians of the Indeed culture of data and collaboration for the Seattle office. As Sr. Product Director, you will develop programs and tools that carry the Indeed culture forward as you help Indeed grow at a phenomenal pace
As Sr. Product Director, you will be responsible for products and strategy that significantly impact the entire company. You will be empowered to set ambitious goals for your products. Your goals will not be easy to achieve; they should inspire and motivate the team to think big. The goals should be simple to understand, few in number, and clearly communicated so your team and the rest of the company understand what we are doing, why we do it, and where we're headed.
You will have direct reports and over time, you will manage a growing organization.
You will work closely with the development and design team on a daily basis. You will sit next to developers and designers, define requirements and analyze A/B tests with their input. You will do data analysis, whether it’s doing queries in MySQL, searching through logs, or using the plethora of in-house tools for analyzing data (see  http://go.indeed.com/indeedimhotep). Most importantly, you will guide other Product Managers to do these tasks effectively so you can magnify your impact many fold.
You will create hypotheses for creating a new product or improving a product, test them, and learn from the results (see http://go.indeed.com/datadriven). Our product development philosophy is similar to the Lean Startup philosophy. You will create Minimal Viable Products (MVPs), prototypes of new products, simple tests to validate ideas and iterate. You will NOT be an armchair Product Manager writing large PRDs and handing them off to the development team. Most Product Managers at Indeed don’t even know what a PRD is.
You will enjoy a casual work environment, flexible hours, and great compensation and benefits. There is a complete lack of office politics; if that is your specialty, look elsewhere.
You will wear many hats and constantly learn new things on the job. You will be surrounded by smart, dedicated, nice people. You will be proud of the company’s mission and your products' impact.
On your first day, we will give you a t-shirt that says, "I help people get jobs." Soon after, you will be wearing your shirt at the grocery store and someone will come up and say, "I love Indeed! I found my job on Indeed. Thank you!" You will smile for the rest of the day. This will happen a lot.
What experiences are must-have to apply for this job?
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Computer Science or related fields
- 7+ years of progressive experience in product management or related discipline
- 4+ years of managing teams of product managers
- Global or International product management experience, preferably outside of
- North America (Indeed products are global product and many of the products out of Vancouver will impact a global audience. By having experience outside of North America, it is likely that there will be deeper user empathy for building global products.)
- Worked on a set of products used by millions for users. B2C experience highly desired
- Mix of incubating early-stage products and incrementally improving existing products, in particular through A/B tests
- Deep experience in analytical tools (ex. http://go.indeed.com/indeedimhotep)
What are the day to day expectations for this job?
- Build products that help people get jobs and/or help employers make hires
- Create simple solutions
- Validate ideas by performing experiments and analyzing the results
- Make data-driven decisions
- Define product goals and metrics
- Identify and prioritize opportunities
- Communicate well and influence colleagues and executive
- Demonstrate leadership and gain respect across functions/teams
- Make people around you more effective and productive
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Build, grow, and manage a team of Product Managers and help them meet and exceed all the expectations listed above
Range of Salary
$240,000 - $320,000 CAD
Indeed Benefits to be offered
- Extended Health Care Benefits - Drugs
- Extended Health Care Benefits - Vision
- Extended Health Care Benefits - Health Care Professionals
- Extended Health Care Benefits – Medical Supplies and Services (ie. Private Duty Nursing Services, Hearing Aids, Orthopaedic Shoes/Orthotics, Medical Equipment, Surgical Stockings)
- Extended Health Care Benefits – Hospital
- Extended Health Care Benefits – Medical and Non-Medical Travel Emergencies
- Health for Life® – Resources to help you and your family maintain overall good health and wellness
- Counselling Services [Workplace Advisor]
- Health Service Navigator®
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Survivor Benefit
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Work Address for the position
205 – 1090 Mainland Street, Vancouver, BC V6B 2T4
How to apply?
Please email your resume to with the subject line, “Senior Director Product – Vancouver”
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.