Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
Are you excited about building highly reliable, highly scalable systems? Are you passionate about Advertising Technology? Do you want to come lead a team building out our next highly performant pipelines? Job Advertising is a major source of revenue for Indeed, and we have a team of bright engineers working on this mission critical system, doing a major re-architecture and rewrite of some key backend systems. We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead one or two teams primarily focused on backend technologies.
- Significant prior success as a Software Engineer working on challenging problems of scale
- Solid knowledge of data structures and algorithms and excellent programming skills
- The ability to guide a team to achieve important goals together
- The desire to solve tough problems with quality software at scale
- An understanding of the value derived from shipping code rapidly to production and learning/iterating on the results.
- Strong ability to coach developers, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers
- A deep understanding of web technologies
- Strong knowledge of databases, both SQL and NoSQL
- Experience with service-oriented and event-driven system architectures
- Experience building high-performance distributed systems
- Prior experience in Ad Tech a plus
- Prior experience initiating or leading an Agile software environment a plus
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.