Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
We are a rapidly growing and focused product team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on Indeed to help them find jobs, make it easy to apply, research companies, and connect qualified candidates to their job openings. With product teams in Austin, Tokyo, Seattle, San Francisco, Singapore and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
Your job.What if an employer, within just a few hours of posting a new position, could find and speak with qualified candidates? Or if a job seeker was notified of an opening, their dream job, soon after it was posted spoke to the hiring manager and was able to get an offer and hired within just a few days? The Candidate Delivery and Quality team is focused on innovating the way people get jobs and employers hire people. We are looking for a hands-on Engineering leader to accelerate this innovation with their technical, product and people leadership. Our Senior Manager will lead a team of full-stack (backend heavy) engineers and partner with Product and other Engineering leaders in the US and Tokyo.
- Build systems/technologies to identify the best matches between job seekers and employers, and turn those matches into hires.
- Define and execute the product roadmap by collaborating with partners in Product, Design, and Operations.
- Lead and grow a team of top-talent software engineers.
You're someone who wants to see the impact of your work making a difference every day. You understand how to use data to make decisions. You are someone who finds passion in the craft, someone constantly seeking improvement and a better way to solve tough problems. You have a passion for producing the highest quality code as well as leading others to do the same. You are someone who either has built or is passionate about building scalable, reliable systems that span multiple data centers around the world and handle millions of requests every day.
You understand that the best managers serve their teams, removing roadblocks and giving individual contributors autonomy and ownership. You are someone with high standards who will push us to be better, and who will take pride in Indeed like we do. You have delivered challenging technical solutions at scale. You have led engineering teams and earned the respect of talented software developers. You are equally happy talking algorithms and data structures as you are brainstorming about the agile development process and technology career development. You want to be in the mix technically while providing leadership to your teams.
You can read more about the kinds of technology challenges we tackle on the Indeed Engineering Blog at: http://engineering.indeed.com/blog
- Strong sense of ownership as a technical, product and people leader
- Passion for customers' success
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a closely related computer technical field
- 7+ years experience in software development with at least 3-5+ years in Java programming
- Experience leading scrum teams
- Significant prior success as a Software Engineer working on challenging problems of scale
- Solid knowledge of data structures and algorithms and excellent programming skills
- Strong ability to coach developers, helping them improve their skills and grow their career
- Familiarity with search domain (information retrieval, NLP, Solr/Lucerne or related tech)
- Experience with analyzing large data sets, using Hadoop, Spark, Kafka or related technologies a plus
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.