Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
Indeed's mission has always been to connect the right jobseekers with the right job. The Privacy, Security, and Identity team's mission is to enable that by identifying, authenticating, and protecting our users.
Indeed is taking the loose coalition of teams working on user security and privacy services and turning those into a unified platform
- Maintain reliable, scalable technology stacks underpinning every service we provide, setting increasingly aggressive standards for uptime, request latency, and operational burden
- Extend our suite of single-sign-on options for our users, whichever Indeed services they use
- Expose consistent, intuitive analytics allowing application engineering teams to rapidly iterate on their product
- Make our account takeover prevention and threat intelligence world-class, ensuring the best protection for our jobseekers' security and privacy
- Build ever-better tools and services supporting privacy-by-design across Indeed's full product portfolio
- Steer the work of three to six Privacy, Security, and Identity Platform teams as they align their efforts in building Indeed's user-identity platform
- Understand the needs of the product managers and engineers using your product
- Coach individual engineers and emerging coaches on how to evaluate and improve their and their teams' performance
- Grow future leaders, as engineers show aptitude for and interest in technical leadership, architecture, and coaching
- Contribute to design reviews, incident retrospectives, and ad hoc conversations around how to approach engineering challenges within and beyond the platform
- Interview and onboard domain experts from industry
- Help evaluate internal and third-party technologies and technical strategies
You are an experienced senior engineering manager partnering with our senior product manager to accomplish this mission. In this role, you will coach and mentor motivated, highly qualified engineers with backgrounds in world-class companies and universities; collaborate with stakeholders in product, engineering, security, and privacy; and help guide and celebrate the work of a team that’s delivering a bedrock platform relied on by every one of Indeed's products.
You understand that the best managers enable their teams, removing roadblocks and coaching individuals on how to achieve their own best performance. You have led high velocity engineering teams as a technical lead or coach. You know how to earn the respect of a highly technical team. You've worked on, or closely with, user-facing product teams; you understand their pain points and how reliable, usable platforms can magnify their impact.
Empathy for our users is critical (both the application engineers using our platform and the general public they're working with). Expertise with data-driven product development -- including its strengths and its pitfalls when delivering platforms -- is a strong plus.
- 10+ years experience in product development, including experience working on high-traffic, public-facing products delivered via a web browser to a global audience.
- 5+ years experience with technical leadership, including working with product management to define priorities and guiding the work of a team.
- 4+ years of experience with people management, including coaching and performance evaluations.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to write and speak about technical topics with both technical and non-technical audiences at various seniority levels.
- Experience working with cross-region or multi-datacenter architectures
- Experience with security, customer identity, and/or user privacy is critical. Experience defining and/or implementing standards and technical protocols in this space is ideal.
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.