Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.Site Reliability Engineering applies software engineering techniques to production operations so we can maximize engineering velocity while helping meet each product’s reliability goals. SREs measure, evaluate, and improve dimensions of reliability for Indeed’s planet-scale products, which support job seekers, employers, and internal users. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to keep Indeed’s products available, fast, and working correctly, so they can find jobs, publish their resumes, apply, and get hired.
- Own availability and performance of Indeed’s most critical products
- Design, develop, write, ship, and motivate the creation of software and systems to increase reliability and organizational efficiency
- Expand the team by hiring the best engineers
- Help engineers develop their careers through personal and performance management
- Foster an environment of continuous learning which builds excellent engineering skillsets
- Participate in on-call rotation & occasional travel
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience writing code in Java, Go, Shell, Perl, Python, or a similar language.
- Experience managing a team of software and/or system engineers.
- Proficiency in algorithms, data structures, and software design and/or Linux, networking, application performance analysis.
- Experience designing, writing, and/or troubleshooting software and systems in a distributed, internet-scale Linux environment.
- Experience recruiting and hiring software and/or system engineers.
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.