Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are builders, we are integrators. Tech Services creates and optimizes solutions for a rapidly growing business on a global scale. We work with distributed infrastructure, petabytes of data, and billions of transactions with no limitations on your creativity. You donÕt have to wait for some architect or manager to tell you what you can work on - you decide the priorities. With tech hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
Indeed's Production Operations team practices the idea of Resilience Engineering by building tools, systems, and environments to make Indeed’s technology stack more resilient to failure. We’re looking for a Senior Linux Systems Engineer with relevant hands on experience in the following technical responsibilities and extensive knowledge and experience in RHEL-based Linux Administration and Infrastructure Architecture to help build and maintain that infrastructure.
- The design, care, and feeding of our production hybrid-cloud consisting of physical and virtual infrastructure (XEN) spread across multiple global data centers and cloud services
- Perform hardware upgrades and day-to-day troubleshooting of problems on x86 systems and iSCSI SANs
- Administer F5 BIG-IP Load Balancers and manage iRules
- Diagnose and remediate advanced Linux system performance and configuration issues utilizing tools like /bin/perf and strace
- Evaluate new and heterogeneous types of hardware to improve performance and/or capacity
- Provision physical and virtual servers, storage and new data center locations
- Build out capacity plans, working with Operations and Engineering teams to identify and act upon capacity needs before fires start
- Work autonomously, prioritizing multiple assigned projects with day-to-day operational responsibilities
- Manage high volumes of nodes with configuration management tools such as Puppet or Ansible
- Maintain and develop automation with glue languages such as Perl, Python, or Ruby
- Design and implement improvements to production monitoring systems using tools like Nagios, InfluxDB and DataDog
- Participate in an on-call rotation targeting areas of your expertise
- Continue to grow your skill set while mentoring others
Technical Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of current DevOps, Production Engineering or Linux Systems Administration experience
- 6+ years Building & Maintaining Globally Distributed Production Linux Enterprise Environments
- Multi-Cluster Virtualization Administration Expertise (Xen or KVM preferred)
- Intermediate to Advanced experience with Configuration Management Tools
- Advanced Experience in Diagnosing, Troubleshooting & Repair of Enterprise Servers
- Seasoned in diagnosing kernel and library level issues
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.