Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are builders, we are integrators. Tech Services creates and optimizes solutions for a rapidly growing business on a global scale. We work with distributed infrastructure, petabytes of data, and billions of transactions with no limitations on your creativity. You don’t have to wait for some architect or manager to tell you what you can work on - you decide the priorities. With tech hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
Indeed program managers are facilitators and motivators embedded across the company, sitting side by side with the teams they support. We work hard to ensure collaboration, communication, and visibility on projects as well as improve processes. We make plans, set expectations, and help teams reach them. We change plans and reset expectations as often as needed to ensure everyone agrees on how to make the project successful.
Ultimately we are responsible for helping teams improve their processes, increase collaboration, and execute on their plans. We’re always looking for ways to make things better.
We need a senior manager to oversee a team of experts in software development process and project management.
What you will do:
- Maintain oversight of all projects being managed by your team. Establish standards and expectations for planning and execution. Ensure executive stakeholders have a clear understanding of goals and timelines of plans. Reinforce the concept of failing fast and moving forward.
- Analyze and solve problems across the Indeed ecosystem (people, structures, and processes); identify the things that work together to improve operational health.
- Oversee process improvements across the functional areas where your teams are engaged. Ensure a consistent and shared understanding of best practices across teams and functions.
- Set the standards for communications and reporting. Monitor and provide feedback on communications of your team. Ensure a consistent set of values and cultural awareness exists across the team's communications.
- Influence at a senior leadership level to solve problems affecting how the teams we work with get their work done.
- Oversee the work of other managers and individual contributors. Coach other coaches and recruit other program managers.
- Engage with senior leadership to strategically set vision, goals, and initiatives.
Characteristics that set you apart:
- Strive for process improvements.
- Strong client service attitude and leadership capabilities.
- Customer focused, aware of the importance of end user satisfaction.
- Exceptional program and project management capabilities.
- Strong vendor management expertise.
- 7-10 years experience working in a web technology company within program or project management. Experience coordinating and supporting global projects involving multiple vendors is a bonus.
- 3-4 years experience developing others as managers, building teams, and holding people accountable.
- You fundamentally understand how to work with software engineers and technical teams.
- You love decomposing and defining workflows and processes. Experience utilizing Lean and Agile principles to improve processes required.
- You have experience working with data and can analyze information to find trends or identify problem areas.
- You know your way around a project: where to start, what to watch out for, how to move forward, and most importantly, how to wrap it up.
- Among the tools in your toolkit, the most powerful will be your powers of persuasion and dazzling communication skills. That means you are respectful and influential; you have the ability to push back when needed and can approach work rationally.
- Proven experience creating transparency either through tools and/or written/oral communications (especially between technology teams and their stakeholders)
- Demonstrated ability to elicit and document clear technical and business requirements for projects and processes. Ability to effectively communicate requirements to technical teams.
- Ability to manage key customer relationships, including senior managers.
- Ability to lead and influence a team.
- Work in both direct management and matrix structures.
- Experience developing RFP (Requests for Proposals) for external goods and services.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.